JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   First U/S Today (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2672492-first-u-s-today.html)

lelila August 15th, 2013 09:51 AM

First U/S Today

I also had an U/S today. I have to admit, I was terrified. I didn't sleep much at all last night and when I did sleep I had nightmares about M/Cing in my bathroom before the appt.

DH went with me and we got into the U/S room and I burst into tears. I couldn't even look at the monitor. The tech told me to look at the screen at one point and there was the bean measuring 7w4d (a day ahead of my calculations) and a HB of 154. EDD April 3.

My fears are far from relieved, but we've passed one hurdle. I have another U/S in 2 weeks, more for my own benefit than anything else. My OB knows how upset I am and how worried. She is wonderful and I'm lucky to have her.

humnck August 15th, 2013 09:55 AM

Re: First U/S Today

Yay for a great u/s! I am so glad you were able to see the hb! And that you have such a great OB!

melissalaw August 15th, 2013 09:55 AM

Leia so glad that baby is doing good. Same thing happened with me at my first ultrasound. It's amazing how scary that one is. You just want to make sure that baby is ok and has a beating heart but your terrified to look at the screen. So glad that you have a good OB. My OB does the same thing. He does ultrasounds every 2 weeks until around 20 weeks and we make sure baby is ok. I know he does it more for my benefit than his. He always tells me that he's not worried at all but that reassurance is his job.

I'm so happy for you!! I'm sure in 2 weeks you will get to see that beautiful beating heart again.

Ame C August 15th, 2013 10:06 AM

Aww that's wonderful and I'm so happy that everything went well. It's nice that you have such a great OB (mine isn't always friendly). I hope your OB can help put your mind at ease during these stressful weeks. Just hang in there girl! :smile:

geogeek August 15th, 2013 10:34 AM

I am so glad all went well with the ultrasound!

EverydayJoy August 15th, 2013 12:54 PM

That's so good that you got good news, also that your DH was there with you. It helps to have some emotional support. I'm sorry it was so traumatic. Hang in there till your next one, take it one day at a time.

Sunrise August 16th, 2013 11:04 AM

Great news! I totally understand. I made SO come with me for scans bc I was so scared to hear bad news. My sanity is maintained by my home doppler. I was able to start using it at about 10 weeks. The first thing I say at OB office (they're a group so each appt is new provider) is "I'm a nervous nelly", before they say anything to in raise my anxiety, lol. I have my scan in one week. I promise you'll be hearing from me..

kaylakay August 16th, 2013 11:00 PM

Glad you had a wonderful ultrasound! And I am glad you have a wonderful OB!

momof8lopez August 17th, 2013 07:19 AM

What wonderful news!!! Congrats on your beautiful beating heart!!!