JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Grossed out!! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2674750-grossed-out.html)

Ame C August 25th, 2013 03:07 PM

Grossed out!!
 
So yesterday I made hamburgers. I went a head and cooked off all the hamburger meat so we could eat the left over patties today. Today, when I grabbed my hamburger bun out of the packaging the bottom of it felt hard, so I turned it over and it was covered in green mold!!! I ate a hamburger bun yesterday and feel totally grossed out because there HAD to be some mold on it.... I looked at the expiration date on the package, since they have only been sitting on our counter top for about 3-4 days. Sure enough they were a week expired. Ugh, so freakin nasty!!

So now I'm like OMG, I hope I didn't poison the baby by eating moldy bread.... I need to be more careful and check the dates before I buy stuff :(

EverydayJoy August 25th, 2013 03:14 PM

Re: Grossed out!!
 
Aw I'm sorry! That is really nasty. At the same time, I would think that you would have noticed if you had taken a moldy bite. I bet yours was mold-free, because I know for me even when I'm NOT pregnant, I notice mold-smell really easily on food, even if there isn't visible mold. But when you're pregnant, your sense of smell is heightened, probably to help you detect just such contaminations!

kaylakay August 25th, 2013 04:16 PM

Re: Grossed out!!
 
Gross! I am so sorry!

If you dont already feel sick I am sure your fine.

Ame C August 25th, 2013 04:35 PM

Re: Grossed out!!
 
I'm not feeling sick at all, so I suppose that's a good sign. It's just nasty and kinda freaks me out. I didn't smell any mold and I don't remember the bottom of the hamburger bun that I DID eat being hard like the moldy one was...

Ewwy, thinking about the possibility of eating mold makes my skin crawl! :yuck:

AnnaBonana August 25th, 2013 05:33 PM

Re: Grossed out!!
 
Yucky! Makes my skin crawl too, but I'm with Joy... The taste of mold like that is REALLY strong. You would have noticed a bite and spit it across the room! (Well, you probably would have been more polite about it than me....)

Sorry you're feeling creepy crawly. I hate that feeling!

humnck August 26th, 2013 07:10 AM

Re: Grossed out!!
 
I would be grossed out too, but you are fine and so is baby :) You'd be sick by now. And even a week expired bread can be fine, they just put that on there because they are forced to and they err on the conservative side. We keep bread in the freezer/refrigerator for a long time and it is fine and so are we.

lelila August 26th, 2013 12:36 PM

Re: Grossed out!!
 
Ewwwww! LOL, but you would Definitely have noticed if there was mold on it Ame, you would have tasted it. So don't think anymore on it. You didn't eat any mold, and if you did, think of it as free antibiotic.

Ame C August 26th, 2013 02:35 PM

Re: Grossed out!!
 
^ LOL that's similar to what DH said.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright © 2003-2012 JustMommies.com, All Rights Reserved.