JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   weekend overview (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2674792-weekend-overview.html)

Ame C August 25th, 2013 10:12 PM

weekend overview

First let me start off by saying DH felt some baby kicks tonight, YAY!!! :bluecheer: It made me really happy seeing DH's smile as he held his hand on my tummy. I took a mental picture that I'm saving in my precious moments brain wave.

Over the weekend I have been practicing making some cloth diaper covers. My stitch lines are laughable... really crooked and wiggly, but I'm starting to get the hang of it. I think I can do this!! I have been using normal cotton "scrap" fabrics this whole time but plan on trying to use the waterproof stuff tomorrow. Fingers crossed I don't totally screw up when I'm using my good fabrics. I know I can make a basic diaper cover now, but an actual cloth diaper is more confusing to me. I also have patterns to make cloth soaker inserts (I haven't practiced those but it seems easy). I'm still a bit intimidated but I'm starting to catch on. Yay for that too!!

It's been a good weekend for me. What have you wonderful ladies been up to? :smile:

AnnaBonana August 26th, 2013 07:46 AM

Re: weekend overview

DH and I had a pretty good weekend! Saturday we went to a local chip stand that is to die for! Wow! They have this burger.... And it's just amazing. Then we watched some tv together and had a nap before he had to go back to work.

Sunday we had a family dinner with his family. It's fairly stressful because his family has some major issues. His parents refused to talk to me and that makes it awkward but luckily he has a very sweet aunt and uncle who sat beside us and chatted with us the whole time. So it actually wasn't that bad. I think I ate a whole day's worth of food in one sitting.

Afterwards we went to a local orchard and got a ridiculous amount of apples which I plan to turn into juice today!

humnck August 26th, 2013 08:13 AM

Saturday we didn't do much, I took DD1 to the store with me so she could pick out a present for her friend and I had to get some groceries. Yesterday I took her to the birthday party, it was a pool party and it was fun, she had a blast! Then we met DH and DD2 at his parent's house for a birthday party for his grandmother. His parent's have this blow up water slide and DD1 did not want to leave, DD2 loves their pool, we were all tuckered out by the time we got home :)

lelila August 26th, 2013 01:42 PM

Ame, you need a sewing machine! I have a 1840's Singer that was converted to electric. I love it and it's a workhorse - I patch DH's jeans with it. Always a straight line!

This weekend was busy despite a horrible migraine both days. I'm terribly nervous that the migraine was a progesterone drop. I have another appt and U/S on Thursday. We'll see what is happening.

Ame C August 26th, 2013 03:43 PM

Hahah, I actually do have a sewing machine. It's really old, but it still works. I haven't played around on it in a long time so I'm not used to sewing on it at all.. (I don't have a super steady hand). The fold over elastic on the diaper cover calls for a zig-zag stitch, and I zig and zag all over the place!! ;)