JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   36wk appt update (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2675686-36wk-appt-update.html)

L-SBB August 30th, 2013 11:07 AM

36wk appt update

I haven't updated you lovely ladies in a while, so here's the news from 36wk appts :smile:

* Baby is still breech (boooo), and our timeline has gone like this:
31wks - head down
32wks - transverse (sideways)
33wks - breech
34wks - head down (hooray! but I shouldn't have gotten excited...)
35wks - breech
36wks - breech

Neither OB or high risk Dr is holding out much hope of her turning now, although anything is still possible, but quickly running out of time.

* Because baby is breech, OB is scheduling my C-section today so I should have date later today or Tue morning. Due to the blood thinners i'm on, history & earlier complications the high risk dr wants baby out between 38-39 weeks but ideally closer to 38. So likely dates right now are between 9/10-9/13.

* Also because of the blood thinners, et al. I do weekly NSTs & scans with the high risk dr...so far those are going fairly well, she's failed the NST at 20 & 30 min mark a couple of times (including this week) but always passes by 40 mins so Dr isn't very concerned. She's growing fine, solidly in 55% and estimated as of Tue to be 6lbs5oz :wub:

So that's basically it...I really want to avoid a C-section but have now mostly resigned myself to it. I now have family coming in to help week of the birth & week after figuring if it's a C-section I will probably need it. I'll keep everyone posted on what her birthday will be once I find out the schedule :p

momof8lopez August 30th, 2013 01:06 PM

Re: 36wk appt update

OMG, your in the 2wk wait, LOL. Sorry she went breach again, and your right, anything is possible.....she might turn! I don't know anything about baby's turning this late, so I have no tricks for you. Praying for a healthy safe delivery!!! Can't wait for your update!!!

kaylakay August 30th, 2013 02:05 PM

Im sorry about a c section that is NO FUN! But your little girl sounds like she is doing great! She will be here before you know it.

Ame C August 31st, 2013 05:22 AM

Boo for possibilities of a c-section!! T&P's that your little princess goes head down! I don't know if it's true, but I read if you stick peppermint oil on your stomach where her head currently is, she will move her head away from that spot shortly. I read this on a natural mommy facebook group. Maybe worth a try?? I also read (not sure where, maybe on a previous post of yours) hot and cold compresses can encourage baby to move.

9/10 is my birthday and I would be happy to share it with your little lady :p Keep us updated.

lelila August 31st, 2013 06:03 AM

Glad for an update. Sorry you didn't get the news you were hoping for but there are upsides to a c-sec. I had one with my son and there is a longer recovery BUT they suck all that stuff out of you during delivery, so there is less bleeding afterwards and you leave the hospital 25-30 lbs lighter. I had practically no baby belly when I left and I was able to move around and didn't feel pregnant. It was actually pretty good. I was stressed before delivery that I'd have all this baby weight to lose and I didn't.

Take heart! There's a bright side to everything. And who knows, she may turn in the next week! KUP and good luck! Get some rest before the big day!

EverydayJoy August 31st, 2013 02:27 PM

Aw that stinks that she's still breech. But happy to hear she's healthy and doing great.
I forget, do you not have the option of trying an external version? A couple of ladies in our DDC had them, and one was successful, the other one wasn't, but I think she had her baby turn on her own right before she would have had a C section. Her baby turned and it broke her water, sending her into labor.

Sunrise August 31st, 2013 06:31 PM

I'm sorry baby is breech but in the end- as long as she's safe and sound, it's ok! Lets change focus to the benefits of a c/s :) I hope this is a wonderful experience for you!! I can't wait to see pics of your beautiful baby! :dothug:

humnck September 3rd, 2013 10:25 AM

Yay for a healthy baby, boo for a breech baby! I hope she does turn, but at least it sounds like you will have lots of extra hands around to help with Savannah and other things after the c-section if that has to happen. My sister has had both a section and a VBAC, she said the section was better even though recovery was longer.

AimeeD041727 September 3rd, 2013 10:32 AM

That's so exciting, Lara! You are so close!! I can't wait to see your little one!

melissalaw September 3rd, 2013 01:35 PM

Well that stinks that she is breech. I'm so glad that she is doing good and I just can't believe that she will be here in 2 weeks. I'm so excited for you. Let us know your little one's due date.

Have you got a name yet? I remember last time I asked you, you and DH were still not decided on one yet.

MeggysMommy September 4th, 2013 10:29 AM

I've had 2 c/sections due to breech babies and I have to say my last one was amazing and my doc was wonderful with it. Good luck in the next week!