JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Another freak out moment:( (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2675907-another-freak-out-moment.html)

Sunrise August 31st, 2013 06:40 PM

Another freak out moment:(

Hi ladies. Haven't posted in a while but I've been reading! So 2w ago I got a cold with fever. I've been very nervous about everything so the fever/cold was icing on my anxiety cake. I thought I got better- but today I'm sick again. On top of it, yesterday I walked (a lot) and got puffy legs. Today, I'm a bit puffy again and on the cusp of a fever (just below the magic 100.4F number).

In the midst of this I had my 20 week scan and all was perfect. I enjoyed that day and the next. But now I'm a nervous nelly again.

Am I the only nervous nelly?
Did any of you have a cold and all turned out ok?
When can I finally enjoy being pregnant??!!

EverydayJoy August 31st, 2013 08:08 PM

Re: Another freak out moment:(

I got sick in the middle of my pregnancy with a head cold. It was awful. I took antibiotics and all that jazz, and Kody is just fine. So if you need antibiotics, don't feel bad.
Tylenol, put your feet up, a cool bath--just some ideas (although I'm sure you already thought of them).
With Kody, toward the end, if I went for a walk more than a half hour I'd get puffy hands. Weirdest thing. I would just take it easy since you're not feeling well. I hope you feel better soon!

AnnaBonana August 31st, 2013 08:20 PM

I had an upper chest cold the first ten days, so from four weeks to five and a half weeks pregnant. Honestly I thought the coughing would cause another miscarriage. It was so horrible. The cough itself was down right painful, and the severity of how hard I was coughing scared the crap outta me.

The following week I had a bleed but the baby was normal.

The week after that I came down with a violent stomach flu and I thought for sure the abdominal cramps etc would also cause a miscarriage. Somehow this pregnancy had survived the illnesses I've had so far. I'm really hoping there are no more illnesses.

I really recommend inhaling Vicks in steam or just plain steam. It really helped my congestion.

I hope you're feeling better! Sickness with no relief is horrible to live through. I hope it passes quickly for you!

kaylakay August 31st, 2013 10:58 PM

I had a cold and I had a horrible stomach flu during my pregnancy with DD and everything turn out okay!

Im sorry you arent feeling well.

Lots of rest and fluids!

lelila September 1st, 2013 05:52 AM

I'm sorry you are feeling so sick and you aren't able to enjoy your pregnancy.

Make sure you stay hydrated and get plenty of rest.

momof8lopez September 1st, 2013 07:51 AM

With my last baby, I had a upper respitory infection 3 times! One in each trimester, including fever, chills, horrible cough that needed an inhaler, body aches.....each time, I was put on antibiotics.....all was good! It's those really high fevers that are concerning, especially in the first trimester. Just take it easy and rest, praying you feel better soon!

Ame C September 1st, 2013 07:54 AM

I'm so sorry hun, I've been on the same nervous train you're on. I know it's still early to worry about kick counts and things like that. But lately I just feel like baby hasn't been moving around enough. Finally on Friday baby was wiggling around what seemed like most of the day. Then yesterday was DH's birthday and we went to a fancy restaurant to eat but it was hard to enjoy because I was having horrible pains in my left side. All I could think was something is wrong... I'm not in pain today and have felt baby movements so I should be reassured now that everything is okay, right? Wrong... I'm still so scared and nervous that something isn't right. I know I'm not helping, and I'm sorry!! But I know what you're going through and it's a very uneasy, scary feeling. The time needs to go much MUCH faster!! These next few months need to fly by because the worries and fears are starting to creep into my head more and more.

Thinking and praying for you. For both of us. ((hugs!!))

Sunrise September 1st, 2013 01:09 PM

Thanks for the positive stories ladies. Ame! It seems like we are in the same place- we gotta hang in there....

melissalaw September 3rd, 2013 01:37 PM

sorry that you are nervous. I don't think I ever really felt safe during my last pregnancy. This one has been a little bit better but still nervous. I was sick several times during both of my pregnancies with my boys and my illness caused me no complications. Glad your scan went well and baby is doing great.