JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Kicks from the Outside (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2676683-kicks-outside.html)

melissalaw September 4th, 2013 12:56 PM

Kicks from the Outside

Pregnant Ladies: Have you felt any kicks from the outside yet? What week did you first feel them?

Mommies: When did you first feel kicks from the outside with your babies?

I haven't yet felt any kicks from the outside with this baby. I am still just feeling flutters here and there. I usually feel them when I lay down at night and everything is quite and still. I can't wait to feel the kicks. They are so reassuring that baby is ok. but them I kind of obssess on the kicks counts..lol.

With both my boys I felt them around 20 weeks. Jacob was a bit earlier than Jackson. I think it was 22 weeks when I felt Jackson kick. he was so still. I'm so thankful that I hadn't had a loss when I was pregnant with him or I would have been a mess. He rarely moved but at that point in time I didn't realized what could happen. Oh the joy of blissful ignorance..lol.

momof8lopez September 4th, 2013 03:23 PM

Re: Kicks from the Outside

I first felt kicks from the outside with my last 4 pregnancy's around 17-18wks. However, one of them was about 19wks due to an anterior placenta. I was just thinking the other day, how I found it more exciting to feel those flutters than I do the actual kicks. At this stage for me, I have to count kicks a couple times a day, and when I don't feel kicks, I get all full of anxiety. With the flutters around 12-16wks, I just smiled and enjoyed them when they came.....not really worrying if it was not enough......each little flutter made my whole face smile! I still enjoy feeling him move, don't get me wrong, but I guess I just find this part more tense then in the beginning. Make sense?

AnnaBonana September 4th, 2013 04:59 PM

Every now and then, I swear I feel little bubbles in my lower abdomen. I'm only 10w3d; but I'm telling you, something's going on in there!

momof8lopez September 4th, 2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnaBonana (Post 27632432)
Every now and then, I swear I feel little bubbles in my lower abdomen. I'm only 10w3d; but I'm telling you, something's going on in there!

I felt those first flutters around where you are at too! With my last 4 baby's....its totally possible to feel baby at 10wks! I felt them at 9.5wks!

Ame C September 5th, 2013 12:47 PM

I have already forgotten exactly when I first felt baby from the outside, but I know it wasn't that long ago. 19 or 20 weeks I think. DH felt it at 21 weeks.