JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Bladder Infection (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2676826-bladder-infection.html)

melissalaw September 5th, 2013 07:13 AM

Bladder Infection

So I'm sure I have a bladder infection. It started bothering my on Tuesday and has just gotten worse so I'm calling the dr this morning to see if they can call my in an antibiotic or if they want me to come in. I got several bladder infections when I was pregnant with Jacob. I guess I just tend to get them more during pregnancy. Except during pregnancy I haven't had one in a very long time.

AimeeD041727 September 5th, 2013 07:34 AM

Re: Bladder Infection

That's no fun. Hopefully the docs will just call in antibiotic. Feel better soon!

EverydayJoy September 5th, 2013 08:39 AM

Yucky! I have double kidneys on both sides and when I was younger, I used to get UTI's so often. When I was pregnant with Ethan I got a kidney infection.

I hope you feel better soon! I know pregnancy makes women more prone to them for some reason.

lelila September 5th, 2013 08:44 AM

So not fun! Take care of yourself - they can zap you of energy!

melissalaw September 5th, 2013 09:02 AM

Thanks ladies. They do suck.

geogeek September 5th, 2013 12:07 PM

I am sorry that you are having to deal with this. I hope you get better soon.

momof8lopez September 5th, 2013 01:02 PM

I have never had one, even when pregnant, but my 3yr old dd just had one recently......and I cried with her. Hoping the meds kick in and your feeling better in about 24hrs........that's how long it was for her.

Ame C September 5th, 2013 01:52 PM

Bladder infections are no fun. I hope you get something to help it go away and STAY AWAY!

AnnaBonana September 5th, 2013 07:59 PM

Yuck! Those are so painful! I was plagued by them in high school. It was so horrible! I hope yours is better very soon!

melissalaw September 6th, 2013 08:21 AM

Dr. called me in some medicine so hopefully it will go away soon.

Sunrise September 7th, 2013 09:28 PM

Any update? I usually feel better 24h after first dose of antibiotic. Thinking of you.

EverydayJoy September 7th, 2013 10:18 PM

Hope you're feeling better now!

melissalaw September 9th, 2013 07:03 AM

yes I am finally feeling better. It took me forever to get in touch with my dr's nurse. I called her and then when she called back of course I missed her call but she did call me in some antibiotics and I seem better now. Now I just hope I don't get another one of these darn things during this pregnancy.

EverydayJoy September 9th, 2013 07:30 AM

Glad to hear you're feeling better!

humnck September 9th, 2013 12:01 PM

UGH, I had an extra kidney (pelvic) and it caused lots of UTI's for me too. They suck, I am glad you are feeling better!