JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Dopplers (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2677616-dopplers.html)

melissalaw September 9th, 2013 06:41 AM

Dopplers

For Pregnant Ladies: Do you have a doppler? How often do you use it? Is baby's heartbeat usually easy to find?

For Mommies: Did you have a doppler during your pregnancy? How often did you use it?

I do have a doppler that I got when I was pregnant with Jacob. During my pregnancy with Jackson I never even realized that I could have a miscarriage and not know it for a few days. Dumb me just thought if something happened to baby I would know it immediately. But after I had a missed miscarriage I learned that wasn't true. When I was pregnant with Jacob I used it twice a week until I could really feel him move then I just used it once a week. With this pregnancy I have just used it once a week and if it's a week that I have a dr appointment I don't use it all. I'm also running out of my gel so I need to get some more. somebody told me to use aloe gel so I'm going to try that and see if it works. Definitely cheaper.

EverydayJoy September 9th, 2013 07:39 AM

Re: Dopplers

No, I never had one--it wasn't something I felt I needed badly enough to buy.

lelila September 9th, 2013 08:27 AM

I have an amplified steth. It doesn't do a thing until about 5 mos so right now it's useless. A friend gave it to me recently.

humnck September 9th, 2013 10:57 AM

I bought one with Addy, after my 2nd loss that happened after seeing the hb, I needed something to keep me sane. I bought for myself as a Christmas gift :) I used it daily for a while, I LOVED that sound! I didn't use it if I had a doc appointment and I stopped using it pretty much when I started feeling movement. I started using it around 9 weeks I think and used it until about 14 or 15 weeks.

momof8lopez September 9th, 2013 11:35 AM

OMG, I thought I had POAS'd bad, but using the doppler was twice as bad! I started using one with my almost 11yr old, yes they had them back then! I had an anterior placenta with her, and it drove me mad not feeling her! I started around 15wks with her, all the way to the end, every day. With my first rainbow baby, who is now 3, I started using it at 9wk5d, and listed probably several times a day, all the way to the end. With my 2nd. rainbow baby, I started at 9wks and used it the same, till the end. With my 3rd rainbow baby, I started at 7w6d and used it till the end, ALOT! He had an anterior placenta again, and not feeling him was huge anxiety, plus he was a quiet baby as well. I learned how to give myself my own NST's by the 3rd trimester, so did that at least once a day with him.

Same go's for this baby, started at 7w1d, and use it several times a day. Im getting better now, not using it as much as the other kids, but still daily.