JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Returning here (past mc's and pg ment) (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2678293-returning-here-past-mcs-and-pg-ment.html)

MelChicago September 11th, 2013 05:00 PM

Returning here (past mc's and pg ment)

Hey everyone,

I'm Mel, 34, from Chicago. I've been on and off this board (though active on other JM forums) for the last year. I've had 3 miscarriages in the last year, and I am newly pregnant again. I'm hopeful- or as hopeful as I can really be after 3 losses. I'm currently 4w4d.

I had extensive RPL testing, with no real results. I am hypothyroid, but have been managing that for years just fine. I also have single mutation MTHFR a1298c- it's a gene mutation related to blood clotting disorders, but my specific variant doesn't cause problems. I had chromosomes tested on 2 of the lost pregnancies- they were normal. Third loss was a blighted ovum.

I'm currently seeing a great RE, and will get weekly appointments and ultrasounds. My hcg levels yesterday (at 17dpo) were 2914! A great, encouraging number. My first ultrasound was today! Not much to see, being so early. Just a sac- but good to know it was in the right place, and appropriately sized for where I should be.

I'm looking forward to being here and connecting with you all!

EverydayJoy September 11th, 2013 07:18 PM

Re: Returning here (past mc's and pg ment)

Welcome back! I'm sorry you had to have those losses. It's so tough to be excited about a new pregnancy when you have had that happen.
I hope you keep getting good news about this pregnancy! Keep us posted!

Ame C September 11th, 2013 07:28 PM

Welcome back. Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months.

lelila September 12th, 2013 05:41 AM

Welcome Back Mel! A happy and healthy 9 mos to you!

AimeeD041727 September 12th, 2013 05:53 AM

Welcome back, Mel!! Sending positive thoughts and prayers for a happy and healthy 9 months! KUP!!

melissalaw September 12th, 2013 05:56 AM

Welcome back Mel!! I'm so sorry about your losses but I'm excited for this new pregnancy. Your numbers at 17 dpo is really great. I think mine was around 1400 and now I'm 16 weeks pregnant so your numbers are very encouraging.

I'm sending you lots of sticky dust for a healthy and happy 9 months.

Sunrise September 12th, 2013 11:02 AM

Congratulations Mel! Best of luck! :yellowcheer:

I'm sure you're RE is on it- but ask to have your tsh run with your betas. In hypothyroid, sometimes your thyroid can't keep up with baby's demand until little one starts making their own and hcg levels stabalize. My tsh doubled at only 4weeks then synthroid had to be increased again at 7 then 10 weeks. Then they had to start weaning my synthroid at 16 weeks and are still weaning to keep tsh with RE's recommended range.

Please keep posted!!

momof8lopez September 12th, 2013 01:30 PM

Mel, this is great news!! Congrats on your new pregnancy, and Im very sorry for all of your loss's. I also had 3 consecutive loss's before my first rainbow baby, with no known factors (except old age) and have since gone on to have 2 more rainbows with another on the way! Stay hopeful, your beta sounds fantastic and u/s showing a sac in the right place sounds EXCELLENT! Looks like your on your way to holding your miracle, can't wait to take the journey with you!

humnck September 12th, 2013 01:44 PM

Welcome back and congrats! A H&H 9 months to you!

AnnaBonana September 12th, 2013 02:37 PM

So great to see you here, Mel!

I'm so sorry for your losses. Congratulations on your pregnancy, and I'll be praying for a happy and healthy nine months for you!

MelChicago September 12th, 2013 02:46 PM

Thank you all for the warm welcomes and support! Sunrise, yes, they are doing TSH along with my betas- Tuesday's number was 2.37 (they said they like it under 2.5). I go for another ultrasound and bloodwork next Wednesday.

Sunrise September 12th, 2013 07:06 PM

Great Mel! Thank goodness for good doctors. Best of luck on Wednesday. I can't wait for the update!!