JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   So Hungry (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2678363-so-hungry.html)

melissalaw September 12th, 2013 05:59 AM

So Hungry

Well the pregnancy hunger has hit me hard this morning. First I woke up sick of course that is what I do every morning but then I had 2 scrambled eggs and a piece of toast for breakfast. Then on my way to work I had to stop at McDonald's and get an egg mcmuffin and a sprite which I just ate and now I'm still hungry. If this keeps up I'm going to gain a ton of weight.

I'm still ready though to start waking up feeling ok and not feeling like crap. I can't remember when the nausea ended with Jacob. I think around 17 or 18 weeks so hopefully it shouldn't be much longer. I hate to complain but I'm pretty over the nausea. And now I feel pretty good since I'm feeling baby move some. That is the most reassuring feeling.

EverydayJoy September 12th, 2013 07:53 AM

Re: So Hungry

Well if you're hungry, then eat! Don't worry about your weight. I remember times when I could just eat and eat and eat while pregnant. It helped to remember that about 25-30 lbs of your pregnancy weight gain is all baby-related. Uterus, placenta, amniotic fluid, almost 50% more blood in your body, even the bigger boob weigh more. So it's not really fat that you're putting on, it's baby stuff!
I hope the nausea goes away too, that's so hard to deal with.

melissalaw September 12th, 2013 08:15 AM

Thanks Joy!!

lelila September 12th, 2013 08:49 AM

Can you eat something for me? I'm still so nauseous. My stomach rumbles around 2 or 3 AM, but if I get up and eat something, I never fall back to sleep, so I've been ignoring it and going back to sleep. Once I wake up in the morning, I feel sick and that stays with me the whole day. I snack all day, but the sick feeling never goes away.

I would like to eat something of substance. dry toast, dry rice and crackers and watered down orange juice is getting to me.

melissalaw September 12th, 2013 09:54 AM

Leia I'm so sorry that your still so sick. My problem is that I'm starving and then as soon as I eat I get nauseous. Hopefully in a few more weeks your appetite will come back and you'll be able to start eating more than just bland food. I remember only being able to eat saltine crackers and those get really old really fast.

AnnaBonana September 12th, 2013 02:42 PM

Enjoy it while,you can! I'm not super hungry yet.... I'm dreading the day I get there though. I'm already slightly overweight and I don't want to come home from the hospital too enormous.

And a sprite sounds downright delicious right now.