JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Halloween Costumes (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2679958-halloween-costumes.html)

melissalaw September 19th, 2013 07:34 AM

Halloween Costumes

For Mommies: Have you thought about what kind of Halloween Costume that you are going to get your little one or have you already gotten one? Moms do you dress up? What do you dress up as?

For Pregnant Ladies: Are you planning on dressing up for Halloween? What will you wear?

I have been looking for one for Jacob and am probably going to get either a elephant or a monkey. We are going to Boo at the Zoo which is a party at our local Zoo for the kids and this is Oct 12 so I have to go ahead and get him something soon. Jackson has a pirate costume that we got him last year that he never wore so I'm hoping to convince him that it would be a good idea to wear that.

I never dress up anymore. Maybe when the kids get a bit older I will dress up with them.

Boos Moo September 19th, 2013 07:40 AM

Re: Halloween Costumes

My DD is 10 so she gets to choose what to be (as long as dad and I approve). DH and I often will dress up to. DH has been a Hillbilly and a vampire. I alternate between a witch and a devil. None of our costumes are scary though. This year I'll be showing, so not sure what we'll do yet. But we'll do something. We've dressed our one dog (because we can take them trick or treating) as Batman and our other dog as a hot dog when we take them.

Ame C September 19th, 2013 08:05 AM

Back when DH and I went to Halloween parties we would dress up. We aren't much for partying anymore. Haven't really been for a few years. Once I have little ones to take trick or treating I may start dressing up again. All I've done lately is wear Halloween colors (orange and black or a Halloween t-shirt) so I will do that again in case we get any trick or treaters.

EverydayJoy September 19th, 2013 09:50 AM

Hey you ladies better post halloween pics after it's all over! I just love to see the little kiddos in their costumes.

We aren't real big on Halloween so we won't be dressing up or sending Ethan out (I think he's too little anyway, even if we did celebrate). We'll probably have a bowl of candy just in case, but we don't really get trick or treaters around here.

melissalaw September 19th, 2013 11:55 AM

I will definitely post pics. We don't take the kids trick or treating. My church has a big party for kids on Halloween night so we usually take them there.

Boos Moo September 22nd, 2013 08:34 AM

I saw a shirt that could be used for a costume, or be worn anytime. It is striped (like horizontal blinds) and where your bump is there is a baby peeking out between a couple of the stripes. Saw it on pinterest.

momof8lopez September 22nd, 2013 12:54 PM

My 14yr old does not do Halloween anymore, my 10yr old DD will be dressing up though, not sure what yet.....something feminine I'm sure, lol. My 3yr old wants to be a princess for the 2nd. year in a row, and my 2yr old DD will probably be something similar until she can voice an opinion, lol. For my 10mo old son, we were thinking the Incredible Hulk, lol.....it was a cute costume!

I unfortunately will not make trick or treating this year, which really depresses me ALOT! Either the baby will be here mere days before, or I'm expected to be induced that night/morning of the 1st. If the baby has not made an appearance, I will do everything in my power to make it a few blocks with the kids though, lol.......I just don't see me going all the way to 39wks when my last 2 were born at 37 and 38wks. But, there's always hope!!

humnck September 24th, 2013 10:23 AM

DD1 is going to be batgirl, she chose that and has stuck to it, we just got the costume this past weekend. DD2 is going to be a monkey...very fitting for her because she is such a monkey! I found one on a consignment site and am supposed to pick it up on Wednesday, I am going to put a tutu on her and the monkey ears from her birthday party to make her a "girl" monkey :) We usually go trick or treating in our neighborhood, my ILs bring our niece over and we all go out together. My friend also brings her son over - they don't live in a neighborhood. DH will dress up sometimes, usually something simple, he will put his camo pants and hat on or something like that. I have dressed up at work before. I will this year too since we are having a party, just not sure what i will be yet.