JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Friday Fun (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2680205-friday-fun.html)

melissalaw September 20th, 2013 06:37 AM

Friday Fun

What do you do for fun? Do you have any hobby's?

Before our kids were born Dh and I would go hiking in the Smoky Mountains almost every weekend. that was the most fun ever. Since having kids we rarely go hiking any more. I do look forward to when they get older and we can take them hiking with us.

Now for fun I just like to hang out with my kids. We play games, swing outside and play t-ball with my 4 year old. i do love to workout so I try to get in a workout everyday so I can have some me time. I also love to read but I don't get to do that as often as I like.

Boos Moo September 20th, 2013 08:22 AM

Re: Friday Fun

I used to love to scrapbook, but once DD got old enough to want to 'help' I stopped doing it (hope to pick it back up someday). We love to hike, kayak, and go to the beach (though right now I'm taking it easy), oh and snorkeling. We're pretty outdoorsy people. And something fun we try to do a few times a year is go to the drive in theater to watch a double feature. I do like to do puzzles (suduko, crosswords, etc). And my DD is really into board games right now so we've been doing lots of those.

Ame C September 20th, 2013 09:09 AM

Fun? Hahah... ;) We are so boring!!!

Going out to eat is fun for us, lol. Going out to watch a movie or playing video games. I think most of our "fun" comes from being together. DH works a lot and we really enjoy each other's company. We could be doing nothing at all, but as long as he's home with me it's fun. We used to go fishing back when we had more free time but we haven't gone in about 3 years. I do some crafty stuff sometimes. Loom knitting, cross stitching, just recently pulled out the sewing machine. Whatever little pinterest projects I see that seem fun. I made a wine bottle light that turned out REALLY cool. I gave it to my sister for her birthday last week.... I really wish I would have taken a picture of it.

Schofield06 September 20th, 2013 01:54 PM

I like to crochet. I try not to do too much unless I'm making something for someone else. I read a lot too. My hubby likes to go to the shooting range, so I go with him sometimes. Haven't been in a while. We're both super busy and our schedules don't match up very well.

EverydayJoy September 22nd, 2013 09:35 PM

Right now fun for me is reading. It's something I can pick up and put down in a hurry, so that makes it easy. I'm reading a book by Farley Mowat. I loved his book "The Dog Who Wouldn't Be" in grade school and I just had the thought to check out other stuff he's written. I was not disappointed, either!