JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Cat is out of the bag.. (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2680550-cat-out-bag.html)

Sunrise September 22nd, 2013 04:30 AM

Cat is out of the bag..

So at work people are finally noticing my bump.In regular public there is no hiding it, I think it's huge:) but in my work clothes- no one was asking so I was happy to stay hush hush. It's scary. And a lot of the ladies at work are lucky and have had back to back & preg on first try pregnancies and have no idea how one may be anxious about loss. But I still am. And it's easy to see I'm not a "normal" woman carelessly assuming all will be ok. And I accept that- and so I do t want to make a big deal at work- bc I know there is at least someone else that in our (loss) shoes-

Ame C September 22nd, 2013 06:35 AM

Re: Cat is out of the bag..

You were able to keep it secret for quite a while. My tummy popped out way too fast... but I would have liked to keep it hidden from at least a few people for much much longer than I was able to.

Is it at least kind of nice not having to hide the topic from your co-workers anymore? Or would you have preferred to keep it hush hush for a little while longer? Yay for cat being out of the bag, and I hope no one ends up saying anything stupid or insensitive to you.

Boos Moo September 22nd, 2013 07:30 AM

I am the same. I want to hide it for as long as possible because of my previous losses I really don't feel up to talking about things this early on. But I'm already popping! I can't believe how big I'm getting so fast. Wishing you sticky dust and that everyone at work (and elsewhere) remember your feelings.

lelila September 22nd, 2013 02:23 PM

Wow, I WISH I could hide my bump. This week I EXPLODED! None of my clothes fit, not even my bigger clothes I bought when my regular clothes got tight. At my scan on Thursday, the OB said my uterus was all the way out and up to my belly button. I said "Well that explains alot".

I'm not nearly as far along as you are and I'm trying to wear loose clothes that aren't maternity clothes, KWIM? I have only a few shirts, so I save those for when I'm around MIL, who if I could, I wouldn't tell until AFTER the baby was born.

Sunrise September 22nd, 2013 08:40 PM

In regular clothes you could tell for quite some time, but my work uniforms were quite forgiving. Even with a belly band underneath!

melissalaw September 23rd, 2013 10:09 AM

You were able to keep it quite for awhile. I am now showing and you can tell that I'm pregnant and I'm about 6 weeks behind you. it is hard being pregnant after a loss and alot of people just don't understand that. If you've never suffered a loss then it is so hard to understand the pain.

Schofield06 September 23rd, 2013 03:07 PM

Wow, I don't think I could have kept it quiet that long. I hope everyone is understanding at your work.

Eleanor-Abigail September 24th, 2013 12:23 PM

*i'm lurking SO much on this board today! Wishful thinking, LOL...*

I've seen lots of non-pregnant women recently wearing long shirts/tunics w/ leggings (Capri leggings, so cute!). There are also lots of non-maternity shirts w/ wraps, empire waist, etc. that maybe could hide a bump if long enough. A friend of mine due any day w/ #2 (had a loss before & after #1) her bump until almost the 2nd trimester that way.

If/when lightning strikes again, I'm going to be so stealth, like a pregnant Ninja! :)