JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Child Birth Classes (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2681108-child-birth-classes.html)

melissalaw September 24th, 2013 09:09 AM

Child Birth Classes

Pregnant Mommies: Anybody signed up to take any kind of child birth classes? What kind of class did you sign up for and when are you going to take it?

Mommies: Did you take any child birth classes when you were pregnant? Did you feel like they were beneficial?

I have an appointment with my dr tomorrow so I'm going to see about going ahead and signing up for a natural child birth class. I had an epi with both of my prior pregnancies so I never took any class geared towards natural child birth. I also want to take a child safety class. DH ad I both want to learn how to give our children CPR.

humnck September 24th, 2013 10:08 AM

Re: Child Birth Classes

We took a birthing class at the hospital when I was pregnant with DD. I really wanted to do it again just for the back rubs...lmao! It was a class to discuss what the hospital would offer, what to expect, get the tour, learn different relaxation techniques. Oh, and the best part, to get DH to rub my back...haha!! I took a breastfeeding class both times, because I wasn't terribly successful the first time with it. We did a sibling class with DD1 when DD2 was on the way, taught her how to act around baby, what baby would need, showed them a delivery room where baby would be born and mommy would be staying. It was cute! We also took an infant care class before DD1 was born, taught us (well DH really) how to change a diaper, how to swaddle, how to help a choking baby, taught us about baby hygiene, etc.

Ame C September 24th, 2013 11:28 AM

I haven't taken any classes this time, and haven't really thought about it much. I most likely wont take any. In the past I took a breastfeeding class and a child cpr class. I got the certification card for completing the class but it's expired now. I was really interested in taking a Lamaze type class, and I admit it would have come in really handy when birthing Clyde because my breathing was all over the place... but I never signed up for it.

lelila September 24th, 2013 03:17 PM

We took birthing classes when I was pregnant with our son. We got kicked out for making "Welcome to Sea World" comments during the video.

EverydayJoy September 24th, 2013 05:25 PM

ROFL Lelila!
I took a birthing class before I had Ethan, which I thought was helpful, but didn't take any with Kody. I just read lots of books about natural birthing and it all went great.

momof8lopez September 24th, 2013 07:58 PM

My first 4 kids were natural child birth, never took class's for them, lol. First baby I pushed all the wrong way and broke a zillion blood vessels in my face, lol.......I was a pro for the next 3. My last 3 were all epi baby's and although my last one failed, I would have it not other way with my last/final baby.....whats the point of all that pain??? I have an answer, NOTHING, LOL. praying the epi works this time around, as having a painful delivery after 2 epi's that worked like a charm, really sucked, lol

Boos Moo September 25th, 2013 06:08 AM

With both DS and DD we took the infant/child cpr class, and will probably again this time. Not sure what else we'll take. Need to get further along and then see what is offered.

melissalaw September 25th, 2013 07:00 AM

Cary now I definitely have to take a class. I need a good back rub..lol.