JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Stretch Mark Prevention (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2681267-stretch-mark-prevention.html)

melissalaw September 25th, 2013 06:05 AM

Stretch Mark Prevention

For Pregnant Ladies: Are you doing anything to help prevent stretch marks?

For Mommies: Did you do anything during your pregnancy to prevent stretch marks? Did it work? Would you recommend it to other ladies.

During both of my pregnancies with my boys I used Bio Oil and Muscle Oil by Mario Badecsu and somehow I got no stretch marks. My mother has then really bad so I just knew that I was going to get them. I also tried to stay really hydrated and gain weight slowly (which didn't always work..lol). And somehow doing that worked. I also exercise alot so I think that helps also.

I have been doing the same thing during this pregnancy and I hope that it works.

EverydayJoy September 25th, 2013 07:06 AM

Re: Stretch Mark Prevention

Hmm...I was under the impression that if you were going to get them, you'd get them anyway. Who knows?
I never did anything to prevent, myself. With Ethan, I only got a few stretch marks that were under my underwear line. Like seriously only 5 stretch marks total. With Kody, I now have a handful of them on either side of my belly. Still waiting for them to fade all the way. They've started to fade some.

Ame C September 25th, 2013 10:00 AM

With my first pregnancy a used a lotion with coco butter in it. It didn't work because I was covered in stretch marks. While I was pregnant I hated them, and this may sound weird, but once I lost Clyde I really appreciated the stretch marks and didn't mind having them at all. Within 3 months pp they faded and became clear in color.

I'm not using anything now to prevent them. I occasionally put lotion on my stomach but it's not to prevent anything, it's to moisturize and smell pretty. I do have some stretchies that are starting to turn pink/red again and I'm sure I will get loads more but I'm not worried about it. I'm one of those weird women who now appreciates her stripes. No I don't show them off and flaunt them around in belly shirts and tube tops, but I wear them with pride.

lelila September 25th, 2013 12:59 PM

I used pure cocoa butter and didn't get any stretch marks. For this pregnancy, I'm really worried about my scars. I have so many from my surgeries - and some are big, I'm afraid they will stretch and pull and be so out of shape after I deliver. They are already ugly, I can't imagine what they'll look like afterwards.

momof8lopez September 25th, 2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ame C (Post 27679490)
With my first pregnancy a used a lotion with coco butter in it. It didn't work because I was covered in stretch marks. While I was pregnant I hated them, and this may sound weird, but once I lost Clyde I really appreciated the stretch marks and didn't mind having them at all. Within 3 months pp they faded and became clear in color.

I'm not using anything now to prevent them. I occasionally put lotion on my stomach but it's not to prevent anything, it's to moisturize and smell pretty. I do have some stretchies that are starting to turn pink/red again and I'm sure I will get loads more but I'm not worried about it. I'm one of those weird women who now appreciates her stripes. No I don't show them off and flaunt them around in belly shirts and tube tops, but I wear them with pride.

Yup, me too. After having had 7 kids already and my 8th on the way, I have some that are pretty deep and red, but even my dr. commented on how beautiful my skin is for having so many kids:). Mine are all pretty much below the bellybutton, but even if they were not, Im 42yrs old......tube top, bikinis, and anything to show the stomache is a no, no, lol. I have done nothing to prevent them in any of my pregnancy's......I think people inherit good stretchy skin genes, and some do not!

EverydayJoy September 25th, 2013 05:15 PM

Amy, I can totally understand being happy you had them after Clyde passed. It probably felt like it was something you had that connected you to him, that proved to everyone that you did carry a baby for 9 months, and something you keep forever.