JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Second Trimester Question (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2683417-second-trimester-question.html)

lelila October 4th, 2013 06:28 AM

Second Trimester Question

For you ladies who are in or who have past the 2nd trimester:

What are / were your symptoms like? I still have that "heavy" feeling every once in a while, but apart from occasional nausea, I don't feel very pregnant.

Of course, that freaks me out.

melissalaw October 4th, 2013 06:37 AM

Re: Second Trimester Question

That's how I felt during my first pregnancy. I didn't even really feel pregnant in my second trimester. The nausea was gone and the fatigue had gotten better so I'm sure your doing just fine. Just count yourself lucky. you could be like me, I'm still getting sick every morning and I'm almost 20 weeks not alot of fun. Hopefully in a few more weeks you will start feeling baby move and that will keep your reassured.

EverydayJoy October 4th, 2013 06:43 AM

It's normal to feel better in the 2nd tri. They call it the "honeymoon trimester" because you feel pretty good, you're not super heavy with baby yet, and you have a little more energy than you did. Some describe it as a burst of energy, which I never got, haha. I just felt a little less exhausted than the first trimester.
So what you're feeling is normal! Have you felt any baby kicks/flutters yet?

lelila October 4th, 2013 07:42 AM

No flutters. Just alot of gas, which after all the mashed potatoes, feel like kicks.

geogeek October 4th, 2013 09:11 AM

I am feeling a lot better now. I have a large baby belly that is one of the only constant reminders. I guess the biggest thing for me right now is growing pains. Round ligament pulls and pains the most right now.

Ame C October 4th, 2013 11:53 AM

I got huge fast, but I think it's because everything was still nice and elastic-y from being pregnant only a few months before getting pregnant again. Because I got huge so fast, I had all those big belly aches and pains pretty early on. Actually, I had the aches and pains off and on this whole time. I peed a lot in my second trimester. My appetite was pretty good. Constipation was a big thing for me in the 2nd trimester (it seems to be gone for now). That's all I can really think of right now.

Schofield06 October 4th, 2013 05:43 PM

I've recently started feeling better, and having less symptoms than earlier. It's pretty normal not to have too many symptoms the 2nd trimester.