JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Heartburn (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2684279-heartburn.html)

melissalaw October 8th, 2013 05:47 AM

Heartburn

Pregnant Ladies: Anybody else getting heartburn? What are you taking for it and have you found anything that seems to help.

Mommies: Did you have heartburn during your pregnancies? What did you take for it?

Last night I ate a hamburger for dinner and about 2 hours later I got heartburn so bad that I thought I was going to die. I tried laying down and that made it even worse so I couldn't go to sleep until it got a little bit better. I have never had heartburn during my other pregnancies like this. it was terribly painful and I am praying that I do not get it again

Boos Moo October 8th, 2013 07:09 AM

Re: Heartburn

I don't get it to bad, but yes laying down always makes it worse. So I make sure to try not to eat within 3 hours of going to bed. Which is hard because I'm also so exhausted lately that I'm taking naps as well. A couple of tums usually helps some.

Ame C October 8th, 2013 07:45 AM

I get it somewhat often. I haven't taken anything for it yet but I think Tums are supposed to be okay. I lived on Tums with Clyde.

Anything greasy or sugary makes mine real bad or if I eat too much in one sitting. Acidic stuff doesn't help... like tomato sauce, tomato soup or chili give me heartburn every time so I make sure to only eat very little of those things in one sitting. I've noticed when I eat small healthy meals + snacks, 90% of the time I don't get heartburn.

I hope you don't have too many issues with it. It's not pleasant at all...

lelila October 8th, 2013 08:10 AM

I had it every single day of my pregnancy with my son. So bad it made me vomit.

I have it this time too, not so bad probably because I'm not really eating yet. Lying down definitely makes it worse.

Last night I ate my first full meal in months. Venison steak, zucchini, acorn squash and homemade bread. I was actually full when I left the table even though I ate only small quantities of each, another first in months. I had pretty bad heartburn during the night. I think the amount has to do with it just as much as what we eat.

Boos Moo October 8th, 2013 01:27 PM

Oh I've noticed that cereal (at least cheerios) give me heartburn. I've had cereal twice this week and both time (after a small bowl) I got heartburn :(

Schofield06 October 8th, 2013 05:44 PM

I haven't had heartburn, but I get acid reflux a lot. There's nothing like randomly tasting stomach acid throughout the day. It's worse when I'm bending over.

EverydayJoy October 8th, 2013 06:46 PM

Yes I got it real bad with Kody in the middle of the second tri all the way to the end. Took Tums like nobody's business (sometimes 15 Tums a day!). When my doc found out how many I was taking she prescribed 150 mg of Zantac. That took care of it completely.

Danielle80 October 8th, 2013 09:30 PM

Zantac 150 x2 per day is safe during pregnancy and if that doesn't work nexium is a category B drug. I am on nexium now to heal esophagitis. Oh and tums makes a new antacid called "freshers" it's wonderful!!

melissalaw October 9th, 2013 06:48 AM

Thanks ladies. I have an appt with the High Risk Dr tomorrow so I am going to talk to him about the heartburn. Thankfully I had none yesterday. I am just hoping that it was a one time thing and I don't get it again. it was terrible.