JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Thursday Throwback (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2684954-thursday-throwback.html)

Boos Moo October 10th, 2013 05:15 PM

Thursday Throwback

So what was your first job?

My first job was working at Denny's.

Ame C October 10th, 2013 06:45 PM

Re: Thursday Throwback

Teacher's assistant at a daycare when I was 16.

melissalaw October 11th, 2013 06:23 AM

I got a summer job right after high school working at the court house here in town. So boring. They had me scanning in deeds because they were trying to make everything electronic.

MelChicago October 11th, 2013 07:27 AM

I think technically it was teaching kids dance classes, at the dance studio where I grew up and spent most of my time. It didn't really feel like a job, though, especially since I got paid less than minimum wage and didn't fill out any actual employment forms.

The first real job was the summer after high school, hostess at a Bill Knapp's (midwestern chain, kind of like a Denny's, that closed years ago)

Boos Moo October 11th, 2013 08:45 AM

The Denny's I worked at all those years ago, was knocked down a few years back. Every few years when we'd go to Palm Springs we'd drive by and remember the old days (DH used to visit me at work when he was in town - I worked the graveyard shift). Now I think they might be building apartments there.

lelila October 11th, 2013 10:30 AM

I was a full time nanny to 5 kids (4 boys and 1 girl) when I was 13. I made 40 bucks a day. I did that every summer until I graduated High School.

College summers I interned at General Foods filling and testing Kool Aid packages for durability. We filled them and sealed them, packaged them, boxed them and put them on palettes and then put them in a simulator and made it simulate a car, truck, train or airplane crash. Every day I came home smelling like another flavor and when I took a shower, the water turned the color of the day.

Boos Moo October 11th, 2013 02:27 PM

Lelila, that must have been quite the summers. Do you drink Kool Aid now, or did you get so sick of it?

Ame C October 11th, 2013 02:39 PM

I have a very strong urge to dye my hair with a packet of koolaide now... I wonder what my DH would say. He would probably laugh at me. Hmmm.... :p

Schofield06 October 11th, 2013 04:59 PM

I worked at Braums, an ice cream and fast food chain.