JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Reymundo Enrique 10/7/2013 Birth Story (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2685146-reymundo-enrique-10-7-2013-birth-story.html)

momof8lopez October 11th, 2013 11:56 AM

Reymundo Enrique 10/7/2013 Birth Story

http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...10-7-13-a.html

Ame C October 11th, 2013 12:44 PM

Re: Reymundo Enrique 10/7/2013 Birth Story

Bless you Lori! I couldn't fight back the tears while reading Rey's birth story. I'm still crying and replaying the story in my mind. I'm speechless, but sooooo grateful that you and your baby boy are alive and healthy! There were angels watching over you two that day. I want to type out so much more for you, about how relieved I am and how blessed you are, but I need to go have a crying break down in the bathroom.

I know it's silly to say I love people online that I have never met, but I love you ladies!! I don't think I could handle it if things would have turned out differently for you. I'm so very thankful!!! ((((BIG HUGS)))) :heart:

Ame C October 11th, 2013 01:05 PM

Did they explain why you were hemorrhaging so badly?

Boos Moo October 11th, 2013 01:13 PM

You brought tears to my eyes as well. I'm so glad that you are both ok and that you had that strong intuition to stay and get the second opinion. Wishing you and your little one lots of love and a speedy recovery.

EverydayJoy October 11th, 2013 01:20 PM

Oh my gosh Lori. Tears here too. I can't imagine how you must have felt. I am sooo glad the head doctor listened to you and that you already had the epi in at the time the baby's heart stopped, so that they were able to get him out right away without hurting you in the process. You poor thing! I am so glad it turned out ok because that sounds like it was terrifying! Hugs to you and your precious LO. I bet your husband is counting his blessings to have both of you alive.

momof8lopez October 11th, 2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ame C (Post 27720643)
Did they explain why you were hemorrhaging so badly?

Almost complete placenta abruption, silent. No pain, no intense contractions. When they did the c-section, the top of the placenta was still intact, 3/4 of it had abrubted.

I had a very close cousin who lost her little girl at 39wks due to abrubtion, hers was silent as well......just bleeding at home and thought she was in labor. This was over 7yrs ago, but I replay her story in mind for all of my last 4 pregnancy's, knowing I was at risk myself due to age and previous smoking history.She was 40yrs old when she lost her daughter, Im 42yr old......

Ame C October 11th, 2013 02:36 PM

That's so unbelievably scary!!!

Schofield06 October 11th, 2013 04:13 PM

So scary! I'm glad you stayed in the hospital and everything turned out okay!

EverydayJoy October 11th, 2013 09:41 PM

Wow Lori!! That's just insane. Scary isn't a strong enough word!

melissalaw October 14th, 2013 06:29 AM

Lori I am so glad that you and baby Rey are ok. I can't even imagine how scary that was for both you and Jerry. So glad that you demanded to stay in the hospital.

humnck October 14th, 2013 08:00 AM

I am so glad that you had the intuition to stay and that they finally listened to you and let you! That is so scary, my aunt's friend lost her life to complete abruption, her baby survived. It is just so sudden and so scary, I am so happy that you made it through and that you are here to share your story!

I hope you find something to help with the emotions and fear and depression, I can't even imagine what you must be going through and am sure that everyone that goes through anything like that suffers from the same. I don't know if there is a board on JM that can help, other ladies that have gone through something similar, but maybe talking will help, maybe it won't. I just hope that you find something that does help! We are always here to listen!

Sunrise October 14th, 2013 08:36 PM

Lori- congratulations on your son.
Thank you for sharing such a detailed intimate story.

I'm so terribly sorry that you had an abruption. What a scary and traumatic thing to go through. My thoughts are with you as you cope with the PTSD of this scary, scary experience.
Hugs---

sandel07 October 16th, 2013 05:49 PM

Lori, I am so happy that you insisted on staying. Thank god your both well.

cortln October 17th, 2013 07:24 AM

Wow, I am so happy everything turned out the way it did. This just makes my stomach hurt thinking about it. Thank you for sharing your story.

kaylakay October 17th, 2013 01:54 PM

I am so sorry you had to go through that... And I'm glad a good nurse was on!

I work in Labor and Delivery and if someone is bleeding that late we hardly send them home. I'm surprised they wanted too! Good for putting your foot down and staying. Placenta issues are the worst. Whenever someone comes in gushing blood I just run back to the OR. We almost always section them.

I'm so glad you and your baby boy are safe. <3

missy123 October 18th, 2013 08:56 AM

I could not read it all... I am sitting here crying. I am glad I know the outcome and that you and your sweet baby are ok. I will read more later.

****** sucks that you went through all that.