JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Ok, now things just got really real! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2685367-ok-now-things-just-got-really-real.html)

Boos Moo October 12th, 2013 01:52 PM

Ok, now things just got really real!

So DH and I took DD out for lunch today (her favorite - Cheesecake Factory) to tell her the news. So when dessert came DH says 'You're going to have a baby sister', and DD say 'What?'. DH points at me, but I have a piece of cheesecake in front of me and she looks at the cheesecake and again asks what. So I point at my bump and DH says mom's pregnant. She looks at me and asks, 'really?'. I nod and she says 'yea, congratulations'. Then she said 'I didn't think you were having any more kids', 'we didn't either' we tell her. Then she wanted to know when (April seems so far away for her, and for us).
So yep, things are really real now - we're out of the closet. I'm sure I won't need to tell anyone because I have a feeling she will. :rolleyes:

EverydayJoy October 12th, 2013 01:58 PM

Re: Ok, now things just got really real!

Aww how sweet! I bet she's super excited! :)

Ame C October 12th, 2013 07:11 PM

Yay for the cat being out of the bag! I'm sure that has to bring a little relief with it. :smile:

Boos Moo October 12th, 2013 08:30 PM

She seems very excited. She was asking (again) when the baby would be here. She even offered to make me a smoothie today, after asking if I could have one.
It does bring some relief. Especially not having to hide why I feel tired or sick sometimes, and why I can't jump on the trampoline with her and DH.
Plus it'll be fun having other people know soon since it was just DH and I knowing for so long.
She was funny though when we told her she was the first person we told and she said, 'well the doctors know, right'. Smart kid.

EverydayJoy October 12th, 2013 08:32 PM

Haha, very smart! How old is she?

Boos Moo October 13th, 2013 07:30 AM

She's 10 (I know big gap, but it wasn't planned that way).
Last night she made me a card and it said she was excited and asked what are we going to name her, how about Rose?
So while DH and I haven't started discussing names, DD is already got one picked out. The amazing thing about that is we had picked out the name Shoshanna for our lost little angel all those years ago, and Shoshanna means Rose or Lily.

melissalaw October 14th, 2013 06:08 AM

yay!! So excited. She sounds like a great kid and will be a great big sister.

Schofield06 October 14th, 2013 05:36 PM

Awww. Glad she's so excited! Yay for letting people know!

Boos Moo October 15th, 2013 07:05 AM

So we brought home DQ last night and DD was going to give DS his and tell him the news. So she knocked on his door and he came out she said 'do you want to hear some news?'. DS says sure, and she went to hand him his ice cream and then got shy and told DH to tell him. So DH told him, he smiled and said congratulations. DH told him how far along we are and that it's a girl, DS seemed happy about it.