JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   constipation & loss? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2686444-constipation-and-loss.html)

cortln October 17th, 2013 06:11 AM

constipation & loss?

Ok so maybe I'm being silly for being worried about this BUT can the straining from constipation cause a miscarriage?????

I only ask because with my loss in December, I got constipated and when I was trying to go to the bathroom that's when the first signs of the spotting appeared. Spotting just got worse over the next 3 weeks after that.

melissalaw October 17th, 2013 06:19 AM

Re: constipation & loss?

No constipation cannot cause a miscarriage. I know when I had my miscarriage I just knew I had done something wrong and I cried to my dr that I just knew that something I did had killed my baby and he told me absolutely not. he said there was nothing that I could have done to cause my miscarriage. He told me about several on call deliveries that he had recently done where the moms came in addicted to drugs and still gave births to healthy babies. He said see with all they did to their bodies it still didn't cause a loss.

I know the worry is so great in the beginning and I wish I could help take that away for you. I hate the beginning because I am always expecting the worst to happen.

Praying that this will be your rainbow baby.

you might talk to your dr about the constipation though. I had some severe constipation early in my pregnancy and my dr told me to take some stool softners which did help. he also prescribed me a prenatal vitamin that has a stool softner in it which must be helping to keep me regular because since I have started it I haven't had any problems.

cortln October 17th, 2013 06:46 AM

Ok, that makes me feel a bit better. Still sometimes I wonder though ya know? :) Yes! I am definately taking something for the constipation, I just didn't take it a couple days ago and the next day I was regretting it. ugh it's the worst!

EverydayJoy October 17th, 2013 08:48 AM

Definitely agree with Melissa. I was told the same thing, because I was worried that sex had caused it--I started bleeding in earnest after DTD. Doc in the ER said no, nothing you did could have caused it, and there was nothing you could have done to prevent it from happening.

Boos Moo October 17th, 2013 09:15 AM

Nope. There seem to be lots of gals in my DDC who've BTDT with the constipation and they've gone on to have lots of healthy babies.

cortln October 17th, 2013 09:51 AM

ok good! :)