JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Ultrasound pix! -updated #14 (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2688944-ultrasound-pix-updated-14-a.html)

MelChicago October 29th, 2013 06:56 AM

Ultrasound pix! -updated #14

My appointment last Friday was great! I was 10w6d, baby measuring 11w3d! Big baby :) Baby was using its long legs to trampoline off the walls of my womb- I guess I have a jumper :) I saw the RE for the last time, and really appreciated the time he took to answer questions and reassure me. And to my surprise, I got a 3D ultrasound! It was the coolest thing.

Unfortunately I had a crappy appointment yesterday- I thought I was going in for an NT scan, but somehow the wires got crossed, I was scheduled for a regular OB appt with a doctor I didn't know, and I was told that day my HMO wouldn't cover it without a new referral. Um, let me know this in advance, please? I ended up just not having the appointment at all. I did schedule the NT scan for first thing next week, and will talk with my regular OB today. It was so frustrating, and I had been looking forward to seeing the baby again. Oh well. I woke up today with more strong nausea, which was reassuring.

http://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.just...b6575fc507.jpg

http://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.just...eaa10faf3b.jpg

melissalaw October 29th, 2013 07:13 AM

Re: Ultrasound pix!

Sweet little baby. Glad baby is doing good. Sorry about the mix up at your appointment yesterday. I hate it when things like that happen. Good Luck at your NT Scan next week. I'm sure it will go great. Plus it is always a nice long ultrasound so you get to see lots of baby!!

EverydayJoy October 29th, 2013 08:12 AM

Sucks about your NT appointment, but your baby is so cute! I love how even at such a small gestation they look like a "real" baby, if you know what I mean. Can't wait to see how he or she grows!

cortln October 29th, 2013 08:22 AM

Love the ultrasound pic!! So neat!

humnck October 29th, 2013 09:45 AM

What sweet pics!

Sucks about the appt!!

geogeek October 29th, 2013 10:15 AM

I love the picture!!! Baby is getting so big!

momof8lopez October 29th, 2013 10:36 AM

Awe, look at those long legs and arms already!! Very sweet pics! Sorry about the appt. confusion, hopefully time fly's for you and your NT scan is PERFECT!

Boos Moo October 29th, 2013 12:13 PM

How awesome you got a 3-D u/s. Baby's looking so cute.

AnnaBonana October 29th, 2013 07:21 PM

Hi, Beautiful Baby! So nice to meet you.

Sorry about the crapy appointment mix ups! I hope it all gets straightened soon.

MelChicago October 30th, 2013 07:26 AM

Thanks all! I went to my OB's office yesterday (I work close by, so just showed up) and was able to get an appointment with her for today! It's at 2:30. I also spoke with the referrals guy there who is working on getting me the referral for the NT scan.

I'm really glad I can see my OB today. The RE had me stop the progesterone. I've had some mild cramping, which he said would be normal. Yesterday I also had a terrible migraine. It's better today, but of course made me very paranoid that the changing hormone levels are harming things.

Boos Moo October 30th, 2013 10:13 AM

So glad you got an appointment so quick. I hope the migraine goes away quickly.

Ame C October 30th, 2013 12:54 PM

Sooo cute!

Schofield06 October 30th, 2013 02:45 PM

So glad you OB got you in today!Love the pics!

MelChicago October 30th, 2013 04:17 PM

I had a great appointment today and was very relieved to hear the heartbeat on the doppler! It was strong, in the 150s-160s (not sure why it wasn't more precise, but that's okay). I was glad to see my regular OB again, and got some good questions answered.

My next appt is the NT scan, which will (hopefully) happen Monday, assuming insurance works out.

I signed up today to have the Maternit21 test. I had to do it self-pay, since my ins doesn't cover it, but it's worth it to me. Especially not knowing if this NT scan is going to happen.

Next appointment is Nov 27! Seems crazy far away, after the last few months of weekly u/s and blood draws with the RE. I'll be spending a lot of time here to keep me sane :)

melissalaw October 31st, 2013 06:12 AM

Re: Ultrasound pix! -updated #14

Glad everything is Ok. I was terrified when I stopped the progesterone but baby has done fine. My dr said once the placenta takes over the added progesterone just give you bad nausea and headaches.

Hope it all works out with your NT Scan. My dr has started spacing my appointments out a bit longer than he did in the very beginning also and that is not alot of fun. I like those weekly reassurances from him.

MoonAngel702 November 1st, 2013 10:49 AM

AWwwww!!! I'm SO happy for you Mel!! Such a beautiful little baby!! Can't wait to hear how the NT scan goes and to see more pics of your sweetheart! :heart:

Sunrise November 2nd, 2013 04:42 AM

Glad to read your update! For some reason I can't view the pics but I'll try again later. I love that you just showed up at the OB. We're def kindered spirits. Lol. Letting go the the RE's "ways of doing things" is so hard. Great news about the MaternaT21 may I ask how much it is out of pocket? Good luck with NT scan Monday!

My nt is my fav scan pic we have of our baby! We framed it,lol!

MelChicago November 2nd, 2013 10:37 AM

The Maternit21 out of pocket was $700. Definitely not cheap, but it was worth it to me. For comparison, my last vet visit for my 14 year old cat was about the same price, so I figured my child deserved at least as much :) Plus, I *still* don't know if the referral for the NT scan is going to come through. I'll find out Monday morning. The NT scan is scheduled for Monday at 2:30pm. If I can't get the NT scan, it'll be a big relief to have the Maternit21 results.

Sunrise November 2nd, 2013 10:51 AM

Sounds good Mel! When I was doing my testing, my RE recommended the mT21 especially if the nt was abn. I was told it is "as accurate" as an amnio. So $700 is totally worth it in my book :) I could see your scan pics now. What a cutie!!

Boos Moo November 2nd, 2013 10:54 AM

Hoping your referral goes through so you can have your appt. on Monday.