JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   I need some advice (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2689184-i-need-some-advice.html)

Ame C October 30th, 2013 08:44 AM

I need some advice

Clyde's birthday is fast approaching and I have no idea what to do. Celebrating (making a cake) doesn't feel right to me or DH, but then again doing nothing and pretending his bday is any other day doesn't feel right either. I need help and ideas. I want it to be something I can do every year, so planting a tree wouldn't really be realistic. Clyde was cremated so we can't take flowers and gifts to his grave. Maybe I could release a balloon or something... but helium doesn't float in cold weather, does it?

I'm feeling overwhelmed and can't think! I want to do SOMETHING for him but at this point I have zero ideas.

cortln October 30th, 2013 08:49 AM

Re: I need some advice

What about one of those lanterns? I don't know what they are called but people release them instead of balloons sometimes....you could attach a happy birthday note to it.

Ame C October 30th, 2013 09:00 AM

I would have to search pinterest or something like that to know how to do it. I've never made one before. Do you use a real flame, like a candle?

melissalaw October 30th, 2013 09:03 AM

I think balloons will still work in the cold weather. I know we had balloons at Jacobs birthday party in April and it was cold then and we still released the balloons.

I remember Brittanie getting some butterflys from somewhere and her and her living kids released those for Cora. I thought that was special.

Boos Moo October 30th, 2013 10:07 AM

I know this in no way compares so I hope I don't offend, but my DD makes a memorial (or rememberance) stone for each pet we lose (yes, even the chickens). She has them in different places around the yard. Then when she is feeling sad or missing them she picks flowers and places them on the stone and just spends some time remembering them.

Or maybe buy a special candle that you only light on Clyde's birthday to remember him. I like the balloon idea also. I'm sure a helium balloon would float still (if you can find one, some of our stores have been out of helium because of the shortage, but maybe that is over).

cortln October 30th, 2013 10:28 AM

Here's the lanterns

Paper Floating Lantern Red 10 Lot Memorial Party Sky | eBay

geogeek October 30th, 2013 10:39 AM

I would put a special memorial together, light a candle and just spend some time remembering him. :dothug:

Sunrise October 30th, 2013 10:52 AM

I'm sorry ame.

I like the pp. I can see how it can feel overwhelming. Maybe get yourself a special necklace or bracelet? Or consider a donation to a charity in his name? I don't know if you have a religious preference, but you can consider a religious service in his honor.

Hugs...

lelila October 30th, 2013 11:42 AM

Oh Ame, what a heartbreaking day to remember. For our last memorial, we planted a miniature rose bush in our flower garden. But I like the PP ideas of donations and memorial stones, a memory bracelet or lighting a candle.

Ame C October 30th, 2013 01:31 PM

I guess the hardest part is Clyde is so special to me. It's hard to think of anything special enough in comparison to do for his death/birthday. Everything seems to fall short of the plans I WISH I could do for him.

melissalaw October 30th, 2013 01:33 PM

Amy you are in my prayers during this difficult time. I know there are no words to help but just know that we are here for you.

Schofield06 October 30th, 2013 02:54 PM

:hug: So hard to figure out what to do for these days. My SIL has had a baby girl and triplets that she lost during birth. One thing she does is she takes clothes/bears to the hospital to be given to the first baby/babies born on their birthday's. They just give them to the nurses who gives them to the family.