JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   So I am officially out! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2689386-so-i-am-officially-out.html)

Boos Moo October 31st, 2013 06:23 AM

So I am officially out!

So yesterday I took DD to girl scouts (I'm co-leader) and we meet at DD's old school. I went early so I could hopefully find my 2 friends there that I wanted to tell. I found one and told her. She was so excited she jumped up from her chair (even with a leg injury) and hugged me. Gave her the details, she was super excited we already know it's a girl and she can't wait to go shopping she said. She'll probably buy stuff for baby before I do :rolleyes: My other friend was still in a teacher's meeting so maybe I can catch her next week. I also told my co-leader, who as I figured had suspected for awhile. She didn't want to say anything though because she knew of my last loss and wanted to wait for me to tell her. She was happy and has offered us some of her baby stuff as her daughter is turning 2 very soon.
So within the next few days I suspect all of my fellow PTA board members will know. So that would just leave posting something on FB (not just to my private family group), which I don't see myself doing.
It feels nice not to try to find shirts that will hide my bump anymore :D

melissalaw October 31st, 2013 07:08 AM

Re: So I am officially out!

yay! I'm sure it was so nice to tell your friend. it is nice to be out!!

EverydayJoy October 31st, 2013 07:20 AM

Awesome! So glad your news is out! I bet that makes you feel good.

Boos Moo October 31st, 2013 08:09 AM

Yes it does. It made me so happy she was so excited. Can't wait to tell my other friend (hopefully I'll get to her before anyone else does). I don't see her often enough.

Ame C October 31st, 2013 10:19 AM

Aww that's awesome. It feels so good getting it all out in the open and not having to be all secretive. Whoop whoop!! :D And yay for hand-me-down baby stuff!!

Schofield06 October 31st, 2013 04:50 PM

Oh fun! It's so nice to just have people know.

Boos Moo November 1st, 2013 08:11 AM

So while out trick-or-looking last night we stop by a gal from school (they go all out decorating so we love to see it). And she gave Boo some candy (even though Boo had told her she wasn't trick-or-treating), and then said 'I heard some good news about you today'. So word is spreading :)

lelila November 2nd, 2013 06:21 AM

Aw how nice! It does feel good not to hide it anymore doesn't it? I'm glad she was so excited for you, you deserve it.

humnck November 4th, 2013 11:59 AM

YAY! It is nice to be "out"!