JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Happy to be joining! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2689660-happy-to-joining.html)

MoonAngel702 November 1st, 2013 10:38 AM

Happy to be joining!

Hi Ladies! :waves: I'm so excited to be joining you all over here. My name is Lindsey (31) and DH is Chad (34) and we are now 7w3d pregnant! Yesterday, we got to see the little bean measuring about half an inch! And he/she had a heartbeat of 157BPM! It was so exciting. I was insanely nervous (not just b/c of my history of m/c) but also b/c last week at exactly 6 weeks the tech could not see the fetal pole yet. But yesterday, there it was! measuring even 3 days ahead! Such a happy day for us! Here is a pic of our little bean:

http://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.just...055ef3847b.jpg

So a little history on us. We got married in April 2011 and started TTC right away. It took us 12 cycles to get pregnant with our 1st child, Cade, however, that pregnancy sadly ended with what they called a "Chronic placental abruption" (I had bleeding off/on entire pregnancy). I bled at 12 weeks with clots and everything but then it stopped and everything was fine for awhile. The placenta was very low and close to the cervix which is what they believed caused the bleeding. The next bleed started around 18 weeks. That bleeding caused serious contractions around 19 weeks, my water broke a couple days later, and I was in the hospital on antibiotic IV for almost 3 weeks. We did not make it to 23/24 weeks when the NICU would have tried to save our son and we sadly lost him around 22 weeks, on June 8, 2012. :( it was a very traumatizing experience but we knew we didn't want to give up on having a child. We started trying again a few months later after some testing was done. Had a 5 week m/c in December. It took forever for my #'s to get to zero and my levels even went up at one point. The doctor believed some tissue was stuck in the lining so he gave me the methotrexate shot to complete the m/c, which finally ended in Jan 2013. We had to wait 3 cycles before TTC again. In April of this year, I got pregnant again but it ended up being a chemical.

So my doctor has me on progesterone and baby aspirin for this pregnancy. Hoping they do the trick for us and that this baby we get to bring home in June!

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you and getting to spend more time with my girls from TTCAL! :)

My next appt is on Nov. 11th with the nurse practitioner. I'm not sure when my next u/s will be? Maybe the NT Scan...that seems like forever away!

melissalaw November 1st, 2013 10:53 AM

Re: Happy to be joining!

Congratulations on your pregnancy. I'm so happy that you are joining us.

I'm so sorry about your losses but glad that this pregnancy seems to be going good for you. I hope you get another ultrasound soon. I know my dr gives me ultrasounds every 2 weeks during my first trimester and they work wonders on reassuring me.

Ame C November 1st, 2013 11:07 AM

Lindsey!!! :grats: :rundance:
That's wonderful amazing news! Wishing you a very happy and very healthy 9 months!

MelChicago November 1st, 2013 01:03 PM

Hooray Lindsey! I'm so, so glad to see you here! Congratulations- I hope everything continues to go well!

kaylakay November 1st, 2013 01:35 PM

Congrats! So sorry for the losses of your little ones! I'm wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months!

Boos Moo November 1st, 2013 04:12 PM

:dust: Sticky baby dust. Congrats and welcome. So sorry for your losses, wishing you a H&H 9 months.

momof8lopez November 1st, 2013 05:08 PM

Terribly happy for you and your husband! Praying for a long healthy pregnancy and your little take home baby!!!

Schofield06 November 1st, 2013 06:29 PM

Congrat's Lindsey!! So happy for you

Sunrise November 2nd, 2013 04:35 AM

Lindsey!!!!!
:yellowcheer: :grats: :yellowcheer:
I'm so happy to hear your pregnancy news! Lots of sticky dust your way! Prayers for you and this beautiful rainbow!

lelila November 2nd, 2013 05:51 AM

Lindsey! I'm SOOO happy you are here. I was waiting for news and I hadn't been on in a few days to see your update. HOOOORRRRRAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!! for a happy and healthy bean!

:grats: on a Beautiful Heartbeat! Wishing you all the best and a healthy and happy 9 mos!

Welcome to our party here! This is a great bunch of ladies here and I know you will just love your time here. Looking forward to your posts and progress!

MoonAngel702 November 4th, 2013 05:49 PM

Awwwww! Thank you so much ladies!! :hearts: sorry it took me so long to get on here and reply... Just feeling pretty awful lately :sick:

Oh and I'm really hoping I can con them into another u/s when I go in on the 11th! :) fx'ed