JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Maternity Photos (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2692297-maternity-photos.html)

melissalaw November 14th, 2013 07:05 AM

Maternity Photos

For Mommies: Did you have any maternity photos done when you were pregnant? What week did you have them done?

for pregnant ladies: do you plan on having any maternity photos done during this pregnancy? What week do you plan on having them done?

when I was pregnant with Jacob I had some maternity photos done at 36 weeks. They turned out pretty good but we never really put any of them on display at our house. they are just in a photo album. Guess we did them more for ourselves than for others to view. I don't think I will be having them done this time. With all the money we are going to be spending on our home renovations I really don't want to spend the money this time.

Ame C November 14th, 2013 07:39 AM

Re: Maternity Photos

We are trying our best to save money too so no photos for us. I didn't get them done with Clyde either but that had more to do with DH hating having his picture taken. He is seriously a picture Nazi. Even if I do manage to take a picture of him before he realizes it's coming he says "You better not post that on facebook!" ... ugh he's no fun ;)

cortln November 14th, 2013 07:52 AM

We didn't have pictures done when i was pregnant with my daughter, I wanted to spend that $ on a newborn session instead.

This time around it'll probably be the same situation. Instead of pregnant session, we'll do newborn/family session soon after baby gets here.

Sunrise November 14th, 2013 07:57 AM

We've just done some on our own. No professional ones. I'd like to do some- but like Ame, the DH isn't having his pic taken. I definitely want a newborn session.

geogeek November 14th, 2013 10:55 AM

Nope and nope. I don't have a desire to have professional maternity pictures done.

Schofield06 November 14th, 2013 03:48 PM

I won't have maternity photos done. Not really my thing.

MelChicago November 14th, 2013 07:13 PM

Not photos, but... I know an artist does beautiful nude sketches. You don't have to get fully nude, she just works with your basic shape and fills in the details. I did a sitting with her last month, wearing a flesh colored leotard (I have a dance background so have a lot of stuff like that- plus I'm not shy at all). I plan on giving the picture to my husband for Christmas. In the spring, I want another sketch done in the same pose, with the addition of my belly.

EverydayJoy November 14th, 2013 09:22 PM

I would have liked to, but we couldn't afford it. It would have been fun though. I saw a friend's photos that she did while pregnant with just a couple of silk sashes draped over her chest and lap, and it looked very pretty I thought.

Boos Moo November 16th, 2013 12:51 PM

For Mommies: Did you have any maternity photos done when you were pregnant? What week did you have them done? Not really maternity photos, when I was pregnant with DD we had pics done of us and DS and the bump is clearly visable. And then one with just DH and I and again the bump is clearly visable. We just went to picture people and it wasn't expensive at all. But I couldn't see myself going to a specialty place and spending lots of money on pics. I think I was around 30 weeks. Both pics are on our wall as they are family pics.

for pregnant ladies: do you plan on having any maternity photos done during this pregnancy? What week do you plan on having them done? If things keep going well, maybe. We'll have to see when we get up there. And with my scars from surgeries and stretch marks I don't see myself ever doing any where I show skin.