JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Ladies, advice please? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2693273-ladies-advice-please.html)

Sarah1994 November 19th, 2013 07:39 AM

Ladies, advice please?

I got pregnant with baby number 2 in September. I miscarried at 6 weeks 3 days on Ocotber 23. I stopped bleeding on the 29th and we started trying to conceive again immediately. I had a follow up with my OB on November 8th, and my hcg levels were below 1. Yesterday, I was 10dpo and got 4 positive pregnancy tests. Surprise. :)
since I can only be about 3 weeks at the very most, I am wondering when you think would be a good time to call the doctor? I'm certain they would make me wait until 8 weeks regardless of my recent miscarriage. Any advice on when to call would be amazing. I don't want to call, and be on egg shells waiting for the appointment to roll around.

melissalaw November 19th, 2013 07:46 AM

Re: Ladies, advice please?

Congratulations on your pregnancy!! I'm so sorry about your but hopefully this will be your rainbow baby.

Does your dr check your HCG levels and your progesterone levels? If so I would go ahead and call for some bloodwork. I would definitely ask that they check your progesterone levels because you want to make sure that it is high enough to support your pregnancy, if not your dr can prescribe supplements. if it was me I would go ahead and call and see if they will do bloodwork.

geogeek November 19th, 2013 07:52 AM

Congratulations on your pregnancy! With the loss, I would call and ask for HCG and Progesterone levels as well.

Sarah1994 November 19th, 2013 07:53 AM

thank you! I needed to hear that it was not too early to call. I am going to call now! I am so excited, and so nervous. <3

EverydayJoy November 19th, 2013 07:54 AM

I would ask for bloodwork too, for peace of mind.
Sorry to hear about your loss, but welcome and congrats on your BFP!

melissalaw November 19th, 2013 08:06 AM

Good Luck. Please let us know how you are doing.

Leanne78 November 19th, 2013 08:23 AM

I would go ahead and call and remind them that you just had a miscarriage. I basically start progesterone the minute I see a shadow on a test, so I call pretty quickly.

Sarah1994 November 19th, 2013 09:14 AM

I have called! :) The receptionist sent me to the nurses line, and I have an appointment next week for a pregnancy confirmation appointment! And at that time, the NP will order blood work for me! :)

Please send lots of sticky baby wishes :) <3 :smile:
thanks for all your responses, too!

melissalaw November 19th, 2013 09:41 AM

Good Luck. Sending you lots of sticky dust.

Ame C November 19th, 2013 11:05 AM

Good luck! Let us know how it goes. Rainbow baby sticky vibes being sent your way :dust:

MelChicago November 19th, 2013 01:20 PM

Congratulations to you! Fingers crossed that everything goes well next week.

Schofield06 November 19th, 2013 04:27 PM

Congratulations! Glad you got the appointment for the blood work and stuff. Let us know how it goes!

geogeek November 19th, 2013 05:56 PM

I am glad that you got an appointment and blood work! I like it when doctors listen :)

momof8lopez November 19th, 2013 08:40 PM

How exciting! Congrats on your rainbow and lots of prayers for a sticky one at that!

cortln November 20th, 2013 07:19 AM

I think you should call. I had a loss as well and I found out at 3 1/2 weeks this time around and I called immediately. They did HCG & Progesterone check to be sure everything was good. Call! :)

OOps just saw all the other replies lol glad you called! haha

Sarah1994 November 20th, 2013 09:56 AM

First blood tests this morning, going to go again on Friday :)
I am so so excited. Trying to stay away from google this time around, it makes me nervous! :)

Can anyone give me an idea what the average levels should typically be around this time? 3 weeks and 5 days! :)
Thanks for being so awesome ladies! XO

melissalaw November 20th, 2013 09:59 AM

I don't know what the average levels should be but I do know that it really doesn't matter what your level is as long as in 48 hours it doubles.

Good Luck!! I hope your blood work goes great.

melissalaw November 21st, 2013 08:38 AM

Did they give you your results from yesterdays blood work?

Sarah1994 November 22nd, 2013 04:12 PM

No :(
I called my doctor today, she said they haven't faxed them over yet. I went on the website and it says 2-7 days! :( I'm impatient, but I went again this morning!
and I bought 3 detect5 progressive tests. :) My boobs hurt, I think this should be a good sign!

Sarah1994 November 25th, 2013 04:12 AM

Results from Wednesday came back at 41.
Hoping Friday's results come back doubled! :impatient::fingerscrossed: