JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Appointments update (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2695050-appointments-update.html)

Boos Moo November 27th, 2013 07:55 AM

Appointments update

So yesterday morning I had my appointment with the nutrition counselor to work with me to keep my blood sugar under control. It went well and we worked out a meal plan and I go back and see her in 2 months to see if we need to tweak anything. Because the more pregnant you are the more your hormones cause your sugars to go up.
Then in the afternoon we had the anatomy scan. We went ahead and took DD (she's 10 but looks 13) in hopes they'd let her in. Well the tech said only one of them (DD or DH) could come back with me. So DD had to wait in the waiting room (she played cut the rope and candy crush the whole time). DH went back with me and the tech started off trying to get a good look at my cervix, but my CS scar prevented that so she mentioned she'd probably have to do a vaginal u/s as well to get a look at that (which she did have to do). So after checking out my stuff she started checking on baby girl (she had the screen turned for us the whole time so we could see everything). I guess I was still nervous after all because I still can't look at the screen for the first bit (always worried there won't be a HB). But she was moving around and the HB looked good. She was tucked up though (tech said with her feet above her head!) and the tech kept wiggling my belly to try to get her to move. Well, she moved a lot, but not where the tech wanted her to. Which meant I got to see her a lot, but the tech wasn't happy. DH wanted to go check on DD in the waiting room, but that meant he couldn't come back in. But he got a 10 minute viewing of her and saw all the parts. Including the tech telling us she was a girl (I hope she knew that we already knew or she would have spoiled it if we were team green).
So we don't know how long she is, but the tech said 11 ounces and today I'll try to take pics of the u/s pics to post.
Then since I had been up since 3 am, by the time we got home DH tucked me into bed, and then ended up coming to bed himself, and we took a 2 hour nap.

melissalaw November 27th, 2013 08:09 AM

Re: Appointments update

Glad both your appointments went well. And glad baby girl is doing good. I'm the same way, I can't look at the screen until the tell me that baby has a heartbeat. Even if I have just felt him move I still get nervous and just need that reassurance that his heart is beating.

do they have you coming back in to take another look since they didn't get all the measurements? I know that was the one good thing about my baby boy being so stubborn, we got to go in several times for them to check him out.

lelila November 27th, 2013 11:25 AM

Hooray for good appointments! I'm the same way, I can't look at the screen until I get the go ahead from the tech, who is the same lady every time, so she knows the routine by now and keeps the screen from us until she has a wiggly baby / HB.

KUP on your nutrition and meals. I'm sure your sugar is going to be just fine!

MelChicago November 27th, 2013 12:19 PM

Great update! I'm glad you got to see a lot of your baby girl :)

Boos Moo November 27th, 2013 01:05 PM

I'm guessing she must have got all she needed, I'm not exactly sure what all they are looking for. The only thing I know for sure she didn't get was how long baby girl is because I asked. She told me baby was to curled up and spent a lot of time with her feet above or around her head. So they didn't ask me to come back. I'm thinking once we're further along we'll go get a 3D u/s done so we can take DD with us.

Schofield06 November 27th, 2013 02:02 PM

Glad baby girl was looking good! Also glad the nutrition appointment went well too.

AnnaBonana November 27th, 2013 03:30 PM

So glad both your appointments went well! What a funny baby, feet above her head! LOL. They sure do funny things in there.

Ame C November 27th, 2013 03:43 PM

Awww silly FLEXIBLE baby! I bet she will do sweet things like that even after she's born. At my 28 week ultrasound Toren was switching between sucking on his foot and his fingers... I can totally picture him doing that once he's here. I love seeing their goofy little personalities through ultrasounds! I remember the first time I saw Clyde (at 16 weeks) he was kicking his back two legs over and over like he was a little frog. Memories like that I don't think we will ever forget. :smile:

I'm glad everything is going so well for you. It's a shame your DD couldn't go into the u/s room. Is she going to be in the room when you deliver? I can't remember if you told us that or not.

Boos Moo November 27th, 2013 05:45 PM

Well I suspect they'll want to schedule me for a repeat CS if this baby is big like DD was (plus with my other high risk problems). But we won't know for sure until we get closer and they start monitoring me I think. To be honest I hadn't even thought that far ahead. We'll have to talk to DD when we get closer and see if that's something she thinks she'd like to do. When DD was born DS wasn't there, but DH did bring him later in the day and then he wanted to spend the night in the hospital with her.

Boos Moo November 28th, 2013 09:26 AM

So the midwife who scheduled my scan emailed me yesterday to say everything looked great and my doctor at my next appointment should go over it more with me. So excited!