JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   BH? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2695570-bh.html)

Sunrise December 1st, 2013 10:52 AM

BH?

I think I'm having bh. Which I know are normal, but I've had quite a few in the last 2 days. And they're painless, so sometimes it's hard to know if it is one or not. I just keep mashing on my belly to see if it's hard. I'm working, so they traditional "lay down on your right side and see if they stop" instructions are not an option. I'm drinking water like crazy. Maybe I'll start timing them...

momof8lopez December 1st, 2013 03:23 PM

Re: BH?

If its been going on for a couple days, chances are slim they are making any progress on your cervix. At your stage, very common. I was getting them about 20x's a day. They do say if you get more than 5-6 an hour, to get checked out though.

melissalaw December 1st, 2013 05:58 PM

I have been getting them like crazy since about 23 weeks. Mine haven't been doing anything to change my cervix. My dr said I had an irritable uterus which is why I was getting them so much. I agree with Lori though if you get several during an hour get checked out and I would definitely mention them at your next appt.

Sunrise December 1st, 2013 06:48 PM

Thanks ladies. They slowed after I'd posted. I work on my feet and I'm convinced it was bc I was up all day. I drank one extra liter of water today too. In case that would help. I'm excited to be this far along. But still nervous to mess things up. KWIM?

Boos Moo December 1st, 2013 08:03 PM

I bet you're right, being up on your feet is causing them more. Let us know how it all goes.

lelila December 2nd, 2013 06:04 AM

I had a whole bunch on Thanksgiving day, 3 in one hour. They were fairly strong too and made me really nervous. Once I finally sat down to dinner around 3 PM and relaxed for the rest of the day, they stopped. I've had 2 since then. I think they are definitely caused by exertion.

You are pretty far along and I think in your case, it won't take much to make them come on.

After Thursday's rash of them, I read a bunch of articles and the consensus is if you get 5 in an hour to call your OB.

humnck December 2nd, 2013 01:05 PM

I had BH from 4 months on with DD2, my doc always told me if I had more than 5 an hour to call. I always had like one an hour, more if I was exerting myself. I am sure it is because you are on your feet a lot. Try to take a few extra breaks if that is even possible. They were so irritating...I had one one day that actually took my breath away (not because it was painful, just because the baby was pressing on my lungs...literally took my breath away, lol!) and my boss came in my cube right then and he thought I was going into labor, the look on his face was priceless :)