JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Growth Scan and Dr. Appt (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2696461-growth-scan-and-dr-appt.html)

melissalaw December 5th, 2013 10:39 AM

Growth Scan and Dr. Appt

I had an appointment with my High Risk Dr this morning. They did a growth scan and my little boy weighs 3 lbs and is in the 60% percentile. he is head down which I already knew since he has been kicking me in the ribs nonstop. My blood pressure was good and weight was good. Basically he's happy with how things are going and the really good news I don't have to go back to see him for 6 weeks and assuming that scan is fine he will release me to my regular OB for the duration of my pregnancy. I'm really over seeing 2 drs but atleast I have been able to see my little guy alot.

And now tomorrow I have a appointment with my regular OB for my glucose test and my rhogam shot which I'm not looking forward to either of those. Just hoping that I pass my glucose test.

Ame C December 5th, 2013 11:00 AM

Re: Growth Scan and Dr. Appt

Sounds like a great appointment!! I was told Toren was 3 lbs 4 ounces at 28 weeks and they didn't say anything about the percentile, just that he was big. So then maybe he's about average? I don't know though because at 33 weeks they said he was 6 lbs. I dunno I'm just a little freaked out he's going to be huge. The head nurse said her guess for Toren at birth is 10 lbs!! I'm curious how much they tell me he weighs on Monday.

Good luck at your appointment tomorrow. Praying for you that it all goes wonderfully! :smile:

MelChicago December 5th, 2013 11:46 AM

That's awesome you had such a good appointment! Yeah, seeing 2 docs sounds like a hassle. But it's wonderful that you're getting good care and that your little guy is doing so well :)

melissalaw December 5th, 2013 12:17 PM

Amy they didn't act like my little guy was big and yours wasn't much bigger at the same point just 4 oz bigger so I wouldn't think that your baby would be huge.

I still don't put alot of stock in the sizes on ultrasounds since they told me Jackson would be 8 1/2 to 9lbs and he was 7 lbs so it can definitely be off.

Sunrise December 5th, 2013 01:45 PM

Yeah for great appt!

Schofield06 December 5th, 2013 02:19 PM

Glad it was a good appointment. Good lick with the glucose test tomorrow. Mine is a week from today. Not looking forward to it. (Everyone says it's not fun so I'm a little nervous)

kaylakay December 5th, 2013 02:56 PM

Hate the glucose test!!!!!

But sounds like an awesome appointment and little man is growing awesome!

Boos Moo December 5th, 2013 05:06 PM

Congrats! Sounds like everything is going great. I'm sure you'll do great on your glucose test.

AnnaBonana December 5th, 2013 10:03 PM

I hope your glucose test goes really well! Keep us posted, and glad to hear you are not going back to high risk for several weeks!