JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   I hate hate hate ttc! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2696683-i-hate-hate-hate-ttc.html)

Jessghetti December 6th, 2013 12:59 PM

I hate hate hate ttc!

A bit of a rant ahead.. just a fair warning

Ugh! It's so frustrating. Getting off b/c trying to wait for cycles to regulate, trying to wean my daughter and finding time to DTD enough to conceive.

First Cycle off B/C - 38 days, didn't think I was EVER going to get my period, had tons of preggo symptoms but lots of BFN, was just the hormones getting out of my system

Second Cycle - Didn't DTD as much as we should have, tried to track ovulation by CM, ended up getting a 28 day cycle out of the blue

Third Cycle - Bought OPK's, tested but never detected a surge, DTD pretty consistently. Started having lots of preggo symptoms, was popping prenatals and baby asprin (as per recommended by my OB after talking about conceiving again) - DH and I DTD and well, started having pink spotting. Was hoping it'd let up but not really sure, still have preggo symptoms, haven't tested but I feel this is yet another failed cycle.

I feel TTC is exhausting, making the time to do things, trying to track ovulation - I really really wish I could get pregnant all willy-nilly like some couples who only DTD once a month. Ugh!

Honestly I feel like just buying clomid or something to force ovulation, with trying to complete wean DD and having that IUD experience I really am worried my body won't ever snap back. Honestly I thought having my AF would be sign enough I was ovulating. ..IDK, I feel like my womb is too scarred from my c-section and the IUD that it's basically barren now. :(

Anyways, that's my little rant. I was hoping to have a nice holiday surprise but I don't feel hopeful in the least now.

Schofield06 December 6th, 2013 02:36 PM

Re: I hate hate hate ttc!

:hug: Sorry you're dealing with all of this. Hope you get your holiday surprise!

geogeek December 6th, 2013 03:11 PM

I am so sorry. I too hate TTC. It is frustrating for me becuase I HAVE to have a doctor believe me with meds before I can ever stay pregnant. It makes me mad when they don't listen (like this last time). I hope that you get your sticky BFP soon.

Ame C December 7th, 2013 05:50 AM

Oh yea, ttc is a stressful roller coaster even for me and I don't have the issues getting pregnant that some of you ladies unfortunately have to deal with. :(

I hope you get your holiday surprise! If you haven't tested yet there could be a chance, right? I know your probably fried by now from testing opks and hcg but I would take a test just to see what it says. Good luck hon! Sending positive, sticky vibes your way!! :dust:

lelila December 7th, 2013 07:56 AM

Getting back into the swing of things, especially with a little one can be downright aggravating. Your body is probably still adjusting to so many hormone swings it doesn't know which way is which.

Give yourself time to relax, enjoy mommyhood and get hormonal balance. Good Luck!

kaylakay December 7th, 2013 08:31 AM

I doubt your c section has anything to do with it. I know women who have had 3+ sections and they conceive just fine. I also had a c section and was just fine.

I just think it's the hormones from birth control and weaning your daughter. Try to relax. Stress can throw off ovulation.

It took me one month with every pregnancy I've had EXCEPT the most current one. It took us 3 months. (I know, still very lucky) but I just think adjusting to DTD with having a LO is a challenge. I hope you get a BFP soon.

Boos Moo December 8th, 2013 02:36 PM

Wishing you lots of luck. It can take awhile after going off the pills to get everything back to normal. Wishing you all the best.

melissalaw December 9th, 2013 06:33 AM

TTC does suck. I know the breastfeeding really messed with my cycles even when I did start having my period again. My cycles were really long and even with the cycle we got pregnant I never got a positive OPK. I think it just takes our body some time to get back to normal. Good Luck I hope you get a BFP soon.

cortln December 9th, 2013 12:57 PM

Pink spotting can be a good sign of IB!! Praying you get your BFP very soon! I also hate TTC, it's a huge pain and its so stressful and definately not fun.