JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Nervous! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2696844-nervous.html)

Tiffani324 December 7th, 2013 04:14 PM

Nervous!

Hey everyone!

I am scared out of my mind and can't get any definitive good news at my appointments. I have had 2 previous miscarriages (both before a septum was removed in April of this year). Had a previous fullterm pregnancy in 2006 who is now a healthy 7 year old.

I am pregnant again. LMP October 24th. Had the tiniest bit of brown spotting last week (none since), and have been to the RE twice.

On my first appointment, at 5w 4d, the ultrsound showed a gestational sac and a yolk sac but no fetal pole (although the dr. said he saw a place where it MIGHT be forming). Had my blood drawn and the HCG came back at 14,037.

I went back yesterday for another HCG test at 6 w 0d. It came back this morning at 26,479. That is just over 72 hours between testing times. The nurse said the minimum they were wanting to see was 31,000, but that it was still a significant increase and all we can do is wait for my next ultrasound on Thursday (I will be exactly 7w then).

I kept asking her if I should be concerned about this and she just wouldn't give me any definitive answer, which, of course, freaked me out more.

From reading online, it seems that my HCG levels are pretty high (this is not anything the dr mentioned, but it appears that my #s are high). I read that once your #s get that high, it's normal for them to take longer to double. At this rate I am doubling every 85 hours (3.5 days).

So I am concerned that I didn't double. My other concern is that at 14037 HCG we weren't able to see the fetal pole. I have read also that when your #s are so high, you should be able to see more.

I know that I'm not getting any definitive answers until the u/s on Thursday (SIX DAYS AWAY!!!!!!), but I just wanted to see if anyone could give a clueless girl some kind of indication on whether this is reason for concern or not.

Both of my previous miscarriages were more like chemical pregnancies. I got a + preg test but never saw any indication of pregnancy on the ultrasound (no sac of any kind, no nothing). So I have more hope than with those, but everything they tell me concerns me!!

Help!! Thank you!

geogeek December 7th, 2013 07:06 PM

Re: Nervous!

I know that it is easier said than done, but stay away from google and assume all is well with baby. There is not going to be perfect answers until your next ultrasound. Those are high numbers. It depends on the tech as well as the machine with how good of a picture you can get with early ultrasound. :dothug:

AnnaBonana December 7th, 2013 08:25 PM

I agree with Geo.

I had HCG done at 3weeks 6 days that was over ten thousand (super high as well!) and then at four weeks one day, it was only 17 thousand. I'm now going on 25 weeks and the baby is looking healthy.

The beginning stages are so horrible. Literally you have to just get through each hour and at the end of the hour, congratulate yourself and move on to the next. It's so hard.

Feel free to vent here any time.... It does help.

((Hugs))

lelila December 8th, 2013 01:26 PM

Nurses and U/S techs wont say much. They can't. They usually leave diagnosis to Dr.s. Unfortunately, Dr. Google is the last authority to trust. The wait sucks, but it is all you can do right now.

We all hate it, and our imaginations get the better of us, especially those of us who have suffered a loss. I wish you and your bean all the best and hope your next appt is Great!

Boos Moo December 8th, 2013 02:21 PM

Hugs. I know it's easier said than done, but stay off the search sites. It is best to just wait until your appointment and find out more then. Wishing you all the best.

MelChicago December 8th, 2013 04:32 PM

I wish I had something magical to say that would put all your fears to rest. Unfortunately, when you've been through loss, all you can do is keep putting one foot in front of the other, love your baby, and trust that whatever happens you will get through it.

cortln December 9th, 2013 05:33 AM

I hate that the HCG blood draw was ever invented lol You're numbers sound really high! I had my 1st draw at 3 weeks 5 days and they were really low according to the Dr. (188), they doubled like they should but it still bothers me that they were so low, I feel like there's something wrong just because my numbers were low.

I'm hoping for the best for you, I agree, stay off google, try to stay positive.

melissalaw December 9th, 2013 06:12 AM

Your right when your numbers get that high they do take longer to double. But I do agree with the others Dr. Google is a bad bad thing. I'm hoping that you have a great ultrasoud on Thursday and that the time passes quickly. Please let us know how it goes.

Tiffani324 December 9th, 2013 06:55 AM

Thank you all very much!! I got sick for the first time this morning. I will take that as a good sign :)

melissalaw December 9th, 2013 07:11 AM

Yep being sick is a good thing when your pregnant!!

arngwifey December 9th, 2013 11:08 AM

Your numbers sound about like mine. I had an ultrasound at 5 weeks 2 days last week and we could only see the gestational sac and the tiny hint of a yolk sac. I was certain it meant bad news! My numbers were well over 14,000 by that time- I can't even remember the number now.

I went today for my follow up and was 5 weeks 6 days and I saw the fetal pole and the tiny little heart beating. Don't give up hope! I think you're doing great!

It's such a nerve wracking time!

Ame C December 9th, 2013 12:55 PM

Good luck, hang in there! ((hugs))

Schofield06 December 9th, 2013 02:08 PM

Stay away from Google! Good luck. I hope everything looks great on Thursday!