JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Joining you guys...again :) (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2696957-joining-you-guys-again.html)

sandiegomom December 8th, 2013 04:32 PM

Joining you guys...again :)

It has been a long time, but I am back. I am already a nervous wreck with this one. My first beta at 12 dpo was 27. they wanted to repeat in 48 hrs but had to go out of town. Repeated last Monday and was 1934. They were happy about that I decided NO more testing! Then...this friday had severe cramping at work and went to the ER. U/S at 5 wk 6days showed sac, and 'lil itty bitty baby, but no heartbeat. Not a huge concern that early. But then I got my beta results. They were only 3087, 4 days after I got the 1934 beta. They said sorry and sent me home to m/c. However, my cramping stopped and I just didn't want to believe it was over. I never have had any bleeding. One of my friends works in the labs and checked my hcg less than 24 hrs after getting the 3087 it went up to 4033! I don't know what to think! It isn't ectopic, so do you think there is still hope? Monday can't get here soon enough!

Boos Moo December 8th, 2013 04:40 PM

Re: Joining you guys...again :)

I'm sadly no help as I don't know anything much about betas and all since I've never had mine tested. I just wanted to wish you the best and send sticky vibes your way.

MelChicago December 8th, 2013 05:21 PM

Sending you big hugs. I hope everything goes well for you.

kaylakay December 8th, 2013 06:01 PM

Well they aren't doubling... But they aren't decreasing either. My biggest suggestion would be to get an ultrasound a week from now. I think that would say a lot.

I'm hoping for a miracle for you!

sandiegomom December 8th, 2013 06:22 PM

Thanks girls. I am praying everything is ok. I will obviously be calling the dr in the morning for some more follow up. I just hope they re-check my hcg tomorrow to see if it is still going up. On a positive note, my boobs are still crazy sore so I am taking that as a good sign and going to try and hope for the best!

geogeek December 8th, 2013 06:25 PM

Were the HCG results from different labs? That could be an issue with the numbers. All crossables crossed that baby is healthy and snuggling in with a beautiful heartbeat at the next ultrasound.

melissalaw December 9th, 2013 07:23 AM

Praying that you have a sticky bean. I agree with kalya I think the best thing for you would be to try to do another ultrasound and hopefully you will see that beautiful heartbeat. Please keep us up to date on how your doing.

lelila December 9th, 2013 08:02 AM

FXd for you and your bean. HCGs mean little these days. There are so many types from different labs. And some OBs want doubling in 72, others want doubling in 48. The nurse at my OB told me doubling in 48 and then the OB herself said "Nope, that's wrong, Doubling in 72". So you just don't know.

Early on like this, the U/S really is your best bet at knowing what's going on. I hope you get good news the next time you see your doc.

Ame C December 9th, 2013 11:25 AM

Thoughts and prayers to you and your little baby bean. I'm hoping you get good news at your next appointment.

Schofield06 December 9th, 2013 02:58 PM

Hoping everything is good with you and your little baby!