JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Doctor appointment today (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2698573-doctor-appointment-today.html)

Boos Moo December 16th, 2013 05:00 PM

Doctor appointment today

So after a long stressful day, and an emotional breakdown at one point, I'm finally home. So I had my appointment with my high risk doctor this afternoon. My sugars have been higher than we'd like so he increased my meds to include one before lunch to keep numbers more normal. But I was more worried about the whole PreE thing. There was a trace amount of protein in my urine, but the doctor assured me that a trace amount in pregnant women was pretty normal and that mine wasn't high. My blood pressure was high, I mentioned to the nurse about how the L&D people wanted me to use the bigger cuff and even gave me one (but since I hadn't been home all day (unplanned) I didn't have it with me). So when she tested with her larger cuff my BP actually went up, not down :( But it was a very stressful day also so that probably had some to do with it. So the doctor didn't seem super worried about it, just put in an order for me to go back to the lab on Friday or Monday to have another culture done and check the protein level. But said the blood work they drew at the hospital last weekend showed my kidney's and liver were functioning normally :)
Then he did our U/S so DD could see her baby sister! Boo was so excited to finally get to see her. She was moving around a lot, but still had her legs tucked up showing us a good view of her girl parts and her butt again. Doctor said everything looked great.
Then came the sad part - we had to say goodbye to him and get referred to a new doctor - boohoo. There are no other high risk doctors in his office, so I actually have to go to the offices at the hospital (which parking sucks at). I go back in 3 weeks to meet the new doctor.

Schofield06 December 16th, 2013 05:04 PM

Re: Doctor appointment today

That definitely sounds stressful! If you're Dr isn't worried, it's probably okay though.
I am so sorry you have to go to a new Dr. I hope you like the new one!!

And yay for seeing baby girl!! ultrasounds are so much fun!

geogeek December 16th, 2013 05:05 PM

Sorry you are so stressed and that you had to say goodbye to your doctor. I hope things calm down for you soon.

Ame C December 16th, 2013 09:52 PM

Poor thing, sounds like quite a day. At least everything turned out pretty well for the most part, well... besides seeing your doctor for the last time. Sucks when the good ones retire. I really really hope your new one is just as good, if not better! I'm happy to hear your daughter got to see her little sister (finally!), I bet that was really neat for her!

I hope the extra meds get your sugars in check. I'm sorry you have to deal with that at all. ((hugs))

Boos Moo December 17th, 2013 08:11 AM

Well I'm doing much better today (stress wise). Even though things didn't go well yesterday morning things are hopefully off to a good start today. DH is even sending me to the nail place to get a pedicure today.
I also hope my new doctor is great. All the other high risk doctors are gals, so that might help as well. And since their offices are in the hospital when it comes time to deliver at least one of them should/might be on call.

melissalaw December 17th, 2013 08:54 AM

so sorry about your stressful day. I'm sure that didn't help with your blood pressure and probably had alot to do with it being high. Glad your little girl got to see the baby. I'm sure that was very special. I so hope that you like your new dr. I can't even imagine my dr not being with me until the end. I can imagine how much that stinks.

Glad your doing better today. And enjoy that pedicure. I love those things.

MelChicago December 17th, 2013 11:58 AM

I'm glad you're feeling better today- that sounds like such a long, stressful day. And I'm glad to hear you got a pedicure :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelChicago (Post 27861145)
I'm glad you're feeling better today- that sounds like such a long, stressful day. And I'm glad to hear you got a pedicure :)

Okay, that came out sounding funny. I'm glad you got a pedicure because they are fun and nice- NOT to imply your feet were unappealing in any way!

cortln December 17th, 2013 12:39 PM

Yay for pedicures and feeling better! I hope your stress level drops and you like your new Doc!!!! :)

humnck December 17th, 2013 12:54 PM

Yay for pedicures :) I am glad your day is going much better!

So happy that your daughter got to see her little sister, what an awesome thing for her to get to do!

I hope you like your new doc, that is so hard.

Schofield06 December 17th, 2013 04:44 PM

Glad you're feeling better, and that you got to get a pedicure!

Boos Moo December 17th, 2013 04:59 PM

Well Mel my feet did need some TLC ;) The gift certificate DH got me actually was for more than the price of a pedicure, and they said they don't give money back on the balance, so I went ahead and got a manicure as well (I usually do that myself since my polish chips after a day often).
I will keep you all posted on my new doctor.
On an unhappy note I think my UTI is coming back. I finished my meds for it on Sunday and today I'm getting that feeling that it's back. I'm actually on hold right now (for the last 20 mins) trying to get a nurse. They might just refill my prescription instead of see me again.