JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Do you eat enough? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2698688-do-you-eat-enough.html)

lelila December 17th, 2013 08:59 AM

Do you eat enough?

How much do you eat during the day?

Do any of you still exercise?

How many chores do you do?

I started losing weight again, and am down almost to starting weight again. OB is not concerned. I don't exercise, but I'm still very active. I wonder if I'm burning more than I take in. I'm pretty sure I don't eat enough at this point, but I'm not hungry most days and force myself to eat.

Ame C December 17th, 2013 09:27 AM

Re: Do you eat enough?

I ate a lot up until recently, mainly healthy stuff but no ones perfect ;) I can't eat much now because my stomach is all squished up and there's no room for food... but yet I'm still gaining weight. No exercise here. I do chores for between 30 mins to an hour each day. Not much activity for me but I'm in too much pain to do much during these last few weeks. I went to WalMart over the weekend to pick up another skein of yarn for a baby blanket I'm working on. I walked to the tooth paste isle, the craft isle, picked up one thing from the grocery section then walked to the check out. By the time I was leaving and walking through the parking lot my pelvis was killing me and I could barely get into the car (I couldn't lift my legs up). My point is I'm out of shape right now and even a tiny bit of walking kills me. My body doesn't handle all this extra weight very well.

Be happy your bouncing between gaining and losing weight. Your baby will get what it needs from you so don't worry. As long as your eating proteins your body can supply pretty much everything else baby needs.

melissalaw December 17th, 2013 10:26 AM

How much do you eat during the day? I eat several small meals through out the day. I can't eat much at one sitting so I eat less but I eat more often.

Do any of you still exercise? I do yoga and pilates so nothing too strenuous and nothing that would use alot of calories

How many chores do you do? I do keep our house clean. I will usually vacuum at night since our dogs are always making a mess and then I cook dinner and clean up that but other than that nothing during the week. On the weekends I will clean the entire house which does take more time.

My weight has stalled and I haven't gained anything over the past 2 weeks. I see my dr Friday so I'm going to see what he says but at all my growth scans baby has been growing.

I think as long as your dr is not worried then you are fine. I have a friend of mine who is 36 weeks and she's only gained 11 lbs and her dr is not worried at all.

MelChicago December 17th, 2013 10:40 AM

How much do you eat during the day? I try to get at least 70g of protein during the day. That's all I really track. It ends up really filling me. It's almost all healthy. I have treats 2-3x a week (e.g. a cookie at the office)

Do any of you still exercise? I do yoga weekly, LOTS of walking (city living), and am going to start up Pilates after the new year. I was teaching modern dance for 4 hours a week up until last night.

How many chores do you do? Pretty much all the same ones, except for anything involving awkward heavy lifting (like carrying big bags of cat litter or dog food up to our 3rd floor apt).

Schofield06 December 17th, 2013 04:42 PM

I eat a little more than I did before I got pregnant, but not much. Lately I've had more sweets than I should though. I'm gaining weight so I know I'm getting enough.

I try and make myself go walk for about an hour most days, but I don't always manage it. Weekends I don't exercise at all really.

I do most of the chores around the house, but my DH works 2 full time jobs so he doesn't have much time to help out. He does help sometimes though.

Boos Moo December 17th, 2013 05:10 PM

How much do you eat during the day? Well I'm back to not being hungry for breakfast, but the rest of the day I'm grazing. Due to my stomach being squished, and my lapband I can't eat a lot at one sitting, so about every 2 - 3 hours I'm hungry. Some days are better than others. Like yesterday I didn't eat until almost 2 pm because of the stressful morning. But most days I eat something by 11 am.

Do any of you still exercise?
No. First I was put on restricted activity for those 8 weeks, now DH won't let me do barely anything besides walk (limited), plus if I do to much I start to hurt.

How many chores do you do?
Not many now. I feed the chickens most days. I do my laundry and the towels/sheets, everyone else does theirs. I vacuum, but if sweeping needs done DH or DD does it. If DH doesn't get around to putting the clean dishes away I'll do that. And I still clean the kitchen except for the floors, that's DH or DD. So not as much as I used to since DH has taken over most of them.

MoonAngel702 December 19th, 2013 08:32 AM

OMG I'm constantly eating. That's the only time I feel "good". I'm nauseous before and after I eat. But while I'm eating, I feel great. lol. So I just eat a lot and quite frequently.