JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   36.4 week appointment! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2698697-36-4-week-appointment.html)

Ame C December 17th, 2013 09:37 AM

36.4 week appointment!

I had another appointment today. NST went well. My GBS swab test came back positive. It's not a big deal but I will have to get antibiotics in my IV when I go into labor. My doctor is leaving for Disney World today and wont be back until Dec 26th!!! :blink:

I go back to see a doctor I've never met before on the 23rd. Then on the 30th I see my regular doctor and get my last BPP ultrasound and NST. He said he's not 100% sure yet but more than likely my induction date will be set for Jan 2nd.

I've known the end is near for a while now but I guess hearing the date Jan 2nd is a wake up call. I can't believe how soon that date will be here!!!
:bop:

I'm a wee-bit nervous.

geogeek December 17th, 2013 09:41 AM

Re: 36.4 week appointment!

January 2 is before my next appointment!!! yay!

lelila December 17th, 2013 09:44 AM

Oh Ame, this is GOOD news! You'll be holding him so soon! How wonderful. A bit nerve wracking that your doc is going away, but everything will be fine. No worries on the positive strep test. I had that too with DS. You'll be fine.

Just 2 more weeks then. And you ARE ready. Just start thinking up some lullaby words to pass the time. Everything else has been done.

melissalaw December 17th, 2013 09:54 AM

Wow January 2 is so close. I can't believe it. It will be here before you know it. Have you got most everything ready? i'm still keeping my fingers crossed that he will come on his own and you won't have to be induced.

I've tested positive for GBS with both of my boys. It wasn't a big deal. I had an iv of antibiotics and they had no effects from it at all.

I'm so excited for you!! I can't wait until he's here. wish I lived closer and could come visit you and your little bundle of joy when he gets here.

EverydayJoy December 17th, 2013 09:58 AM

Wow that is super close. Not long now, dear heart!

Ame C December 17th, 2013 10:04 AM

Besides keeping up with the dishes and laundry and other little chores here and there, I'm ready! Actually I forgot to buy some of those huge, heavy duty pads when I was at WalMart the other day but DH told me he would pick some up for me when we get back from the Hospital. I also need to stock up on canned soups, tv dinners and easy throw together crock pot/oven foods. We usually only by enough groceries for the week but I want to make sure we have enough for at least 2 weeks (or more).

:excited:

MelChicago December 17th, 2013 10:19 AM

Sounds like you're ready! Wow, Jan 2 is SO CLOSE. It'll be so awesome to have Toren here. :)

melissalaw December 17th, 2013 10:31 AM

The food is a good idea. I'm going to try to put together some freezer meals so all DH has to do is pull it out of the freezer and cook it.

cortln December 17th, 2013 12:42 PM

Jan 2nd!!!!! That's the first day of my new job so I won't be able to get on here to check up on you!!! I'll be sure to keep looking for updates though.

That will be here before you know it!!! aaahhhhhh!!!!!!!

humnck December 17th, 2013 12:48 PM

YAY! So close, I'm so excited for you :)

If you are on Pinterest at all, there are lots of good crock pot freezer meals...you can prepare them now and throw them in the freezer, then when you need them, you just thaw and throw into the crock pot! Easy and delicious!!

AnnaBonana December 17th, 2013 04:24 PM

OMG Ames that is so exciting! I can't believe it!

You do sound super prepared! Is that good luck or good management? LOL.

I'm so excited for you. I hope the time flies by. :)

Schofield06 December 17th, 2013 05:05 PM

Yay!! SO exciting! He'll be here in no time. You are so ready.

Boos Moo December 17th, 2013 05:21 PM

Congrats! How exciting!!!! I have a feeling Toren will be here New Year's Eve or day! So happy for you.

Sunrise December 17th, 2013 06:38 PM

Great news! I can't wait to see your toren!!

MoonAngel702 December 19th, 2013 08:27 AM

oh my goodness...Jan 2nd is right around the corner!!! Yay!!! 2 weeks from today! So exciting, Amy. Marking my calendar! :)