JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   back from my appt (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2698728-back-my-appt.html)

cortln December 17th, 2013 12:35 PM

back from my appt

So far everything is ok. They can't tell why I am spotting (of course, never could before) I am 12 weeks 4 days today, baby is measuring 13 weeks 1 day. Baby was bouncing around, putting it's feet up in the air and heartbeat was strong so for now everything is good. I hope it continues that way. Thanks for all your T&P's ladies. I really appreciate it. I go back on Thursday for my normal appointment, hoping for another good appointment.

She did mention that it could be a subchronic hemmorage (can't remember exactly if that's what she said) but she wasn't sure. She saw a small area that could be the end of one but she couldn't be for sure.

I am happy this appointment went well but I don't feel very reassured that things will turn out good :( Baby actually looked like a baby this time. This is just so hard, the further along I get the harder it seems to get emotionally. I know the worry never ends, even after we have our little one's here, worries as a parent continue on forever, I know this is only the beginning with this baby but I just want everything to be ok!

humnck December 17th, 2013 12:56 PM

Re: back from my appt

Awww, wriggling babies are so cute :) It is so hard not to worry, you hit one milestone and then something else makes you worry. It is a part of being a good parent!

melissalaw December 17th, 2013 01:15 PM

So glad that baby is ok. I wish you were more reassured but I understand why you are not. I'm at 30 weeks and I still worry so your right the worry never ends and even after they are born you still worry even though it becomes a different kind of worry.

I so wish that we could have that blissful pregnancy ignorance. With my first pregnancy it never really crossed my mind that I might lose Jackson. I would love to feel that way again.

But for now I'm so happy that your little one is doing good and measuring ahead.

Ame C December 17th, 2013 01:31 PM

I'm very glad and thankful everything is okay! Sounds like you have some hopeless doomed feelings and I totally understand that. I'm sure it's all normal with PAL. You will have good days and bad days. I'm just happy that today was a good day although it started out rough. Let us know how your regular appointment goes this week.

geogeek December 17th, 2013 02:41 PM

I am so glad that baby is doing well. I feel like I am in constant fear of losing Dorian. I have allowed myself to grow really attached to him and feel like something is going wrong.

AnnaBonana December 17th, 2013 04:15 PM

Well, I'm glad you had a good appointment at least. I went and had an ultrasound at 14 weeks and she was already sucking her thumb. It was so gorgeous and I thought, if anything happens to her now that she can suck her thumb I'll just die.

PAL sucks for this reason but this is why you have us here ((hugs))

Schofield06 December 17th, 2013 04:50 PM

So glad to see everything was looking good at your appointment!

I totally understand feeling like you're just waiting for the other shoe to drop and something will go wrong. I get that was some days still. I really want everything to be okay for you and baby also! :hug:

Boos Moo December 17th, 2013 04:55 PM

:clap: Yea so happy that your check up was good.

It's so hard to have suffered a loss and then be pregnant again. Hugs.

cortln December 18th, 2013 05:21 AM

:) Thanks everyone, I'm so glad I have you all to talk to. I tell my husband things but not everything, I don't want him to get all freaked out. Plus, he doesn't understand exactly. He didn't go through it like I did, even though he kind of did, it's just not the same.

I go back to the Dr. tomorrow, she wanted me to keep my regular appointment so I should get to see baby again :)

kaylakay December 18th, 2013 03:20 PM

Sounds like a great appointment!

Second trimester losses really are rare... Only 1-5%... I always try to think "I have a 95% chance of holding a beautiful baby in June!"

I love wiggling babies. I saw my baby wiggling today!