JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Hello - catching up (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2701573-hello-catching-up.html)

cortln January 4th, 2014 11:28 AM

Hello - catching up

I started my new job Thursday and haven't been on much in the past few days. I am still having the spotting happen at random times. The most recent was yesterday morning, bright pink when I had a BM and it stopped right away. Still had some brownish color in my CM the rest of the day but nothing today. It's pretty nerve wracking. I'm going to ask the Dr. about it once again on the 13th but like everyone says, some women just have spotting throughout pregnancy. I hope everything is ok and that it stops at some point. I also had some stomach pains, like gassy pains the past few days, I've been taking my stool softener to keep from getting constipated and am wondering if that has something to do with it - taking it every day.

I hope your all doing well, I'll try to get on more this week but if not, I'll be back next weekend lol

Boos Moo January 4th, 2014 11:43 AM

Re: Hello - catching up

Glad you got some time to check in :) Sorry you're still having spotting. I have no idea about the stool softner (I'm lactose intolerant so if things aren't moving I just eat a spoonful of yogurt and am good to go). I bet the softener could be causing the gas pains though.

cortln January 4th, 2014 05:33 PM

I think so too, I didn't take them last night and my stomach was a lot better today. I didn't have a BM today though lol so I took one pill instead of the recommended 2 pills so I don't get constipated tomorrow. I can't find a happy medium! I take what I'm supposed to take and I go and go, I skip a day and I'm in pain because I'm constipated.... so silly. I've tried to eat more fiber but for some reason it doesn't help much.

AnnaBonana January 4th, 2014 06:32 PM

Glad to see you! I hope you're enjoying the job. And I hope that ridiculous spotting stops ASAP!

Schofield06 January 4th, 2014 07:19 PM

Sorry you're still spotting. It's good to see you here.

mommamindy January 4th, 2014 09:12 PM

Hope your spotting resolves soon or you figure out its cause! And glad I found you in here to see how you were doing and that all is well with baby!

geogeek January 5th, 2014 07:40 AM

Glad you got time to check in. Sorry the spotting is still happening.

EverydayJoy January 5th, 2014 08:22 AM

Sorry to hear the spotting is still being persistent. That is so nerve wracking!
As for the stool softener, you could try using magnesium instead. I usually take it at night because it relaxes me, too, and usually one or two 250mg tablets makes me go in the morning. You could start with one and see how it goes. I took it during the pregnancy with Kody too. It's pretty safe because any excess of the vitamin just gets flushed out of the body via the intestines, so it would be hard to OD on it. You would know you're taking too much because you'd get diarrhea. You can also look for a powdered version, it's made by Natural Vitality and called Natural Calm. You mix it with water and drink it. The powder you could tweak until you got just the right amount to keep you regular. HTH!

humnck January 6th, 2014 09:44 AM

Could the spotting be from a hemorrhoid? Not sure if that has been mentioned before?

I hope everything calms down for you, that must be so frustrating! HUGS!

momology January 6th, 2014 10:09 AM

:hug: so sorry you are still having the spotting I am sure that is scary but my doctor has reassured me many times that is just normal for some women during pregnancy. I hope the new job is going well!!!

melissalaw January 7th, 2014 06:04 AM

Glad to see you checking in. I hate that you are still spotting. I can't wait until you start feeling your baby move that will help give you reassurance that everything is ok.