JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   OT - anniversary (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2703244-ot-anniversary.html)

Boos Moo January 14th, 2014 06:01 AM

OT - anniversary

So today is mine and DH's 25th anniversary of being together. Our first date was to see a movie (it was awful - January Man) and dinner at Johnny Rockets. So we were talking last night and I said 'wow, 25 years', and DH said 'no, it's 24'. Then he counted and realized it was 25 and felt bad that we weren't doing something more significant than going to dinner and movie tonight. Well if I get a nap in today we'll see a movie (woke up a little after 2 am and haven't been able to get back to sleep). Anyways I told him it'd be like our first date (hopefully better movie) and we could do something bigger next year and pretend it was 25 ;) Then he rubbed my belly (or is it a basketball under there now?) and said 'yeah this year we're doing pretty good'.
I love that guy :wub:

AimeeD041727 January 14th, 2014 07:27 AM

Re: OT - anniversary

Happy Anniversary! Hope you have a great night out!

melissalaw January 14th, 2014 07:31 AM

How sweet!! Your post brought tears to my eyes. I love it when the men in our lives do things like that. I hope you guys have a wonderful anniversary and hopefully see a better movie.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!

momology January 14th, 2014 07:33 AM

:wub: very sweet. I hope you guys have a wonderful evening!

geogeek January 14th, 2014 10:21 AM

Awe, happy anniversary! I have absolutely no clue as to when DH and I started dating. I have a general idea of the timeline, but would never be able to tell you a date.

Schofield06 January 14th, 2014 02:28 PM

Happy Anniversary!! Have fun tonight!

Boos Moo January 15th, 2014 08:32 PM

Rachel it was actually DH who remembered the date, he told me each month after that first date. And when we started dating we lived in separate cities and he was already out of school and working so his nights off were Saturday and Sunday nights, and we knew it was a Saturday night we went out because I didn't go out on Sunday nights since I was a senior in high school still.
We had a great night. Went out for Mexican food and then went baby item looking (deciding what we might still need or want). Our DS had to work late so we opted not to go to a movie because it'd put us home past DD's bedtime (and lately my bedtime as I'm so tired). But we had a good 3 hours to spend just us :)

EverydayJoy January 15th, 2014 10:50 PM

Aww what a sweetie! You be sure to keep him around, eh? ;)

Boos Moo January 16th, 2014 04:18 AM

I sure will :)
Oh and when I was opening my presents he joked and said 'make sure to tell the ladies on your board you got nuts for your anniversary'. So I'm telling you ;) He got me a can of mixed nuts for snacking because I'm getting bored of the snacks I'm allowed on my GD diet. He also got me a bobby in a color that matches our nursery colors.

lelila January 16th, 2014 06:55 AM

Awww! Happy Anniversary! Have a great time!

cortln January 16th, 2014 11:00 AM

Happy Anniversary! I hope you had a wonderful time!