JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Nesting (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2705561-nesting.html)

melissalaw January 28th, 2014 06:53 AM

Nesting

Pregnant Ladies: Have you started nesting yet? what have you been doing?

Momma's: Did you nest when you were pregnant? What did you do?

I have never really nested in any of my pregnancies. I am already a neat freak so our house stays pretty clean most of the time but I haven't done any additional cleaning. I have worked up until the end in all of my pregnancies and hope to do that this time so I just seem to be way too tired to do much nesting.

geogeek January 28th, 2014 08:37 AM

Re: Nesting

I am starting to get the urge. Mostly, it is the urge to clean out the room that our guests will be staying in when Dorian arrives. It is kind of our "pile everything up" room from our move, a year ago. It also has all of Dorian's cloth diapers that will need washing and all of my scrapbooking and sewing supplies. I know if I do it myslef, it will take the rest of my pregnancy to get it done. I get too many contractions and hip pain if I do too much.

MelChicago January 28th, 2014 08:59 AM

I don't know. I too like to keep things clean so I don't think any of my cleaning is nest-specific :) I have been thinking I need to get a move on with preparing the baby's room- we have done NOTHING and it's just 3 months away.

cortln January 28th, 2014 10:51 AM

I haven't done much yet. I'm getting antsy though! I am only 18 1/2 weeks and am ready to start getting the nursery ready but can't till we find out what we are having. I don't really remember feeling the urge to nest when I was pregnant with my daughter. I do remember I waited till the last minute to clean the closet in her room out... I did it while I was home alone and got stuck on the floor twice because I couldn't get up!

Boos Moo January 29th, 2014 02:52 AM

So far all of my nesting is the need to get the nursery ready. Which is kind of silly because she'll be sleeping in a bassinet in our room for at least the first couple of months (or that's the plan we'll see how it goes once DH goes back to work after the first month). I think it has a lot to do with the fact that right now there is baby stuff in the living room, dining room, and store room. So I feel like things are cluttered and unorganized and that drives me crazy. So I want to get the nursery done so everything can go where it belongs.
As for actual cleaning, normally I like to keep things really clean. And overall they are still pretty good, but my lack of energy and the fact that DH wants to do most of it himself (to ease my workload) I'll admit things aren't as I'd like. But I've let it go and it doesn't bother me to much (ok the kitchen is bothering me, but it's almost 3 am so I'm not in the mood and I know DH will clean it up in the morning).

Schofield06 January 29th, 2014 04:18 PM

I'm ready to get things taken care of. My DH is still wanting to put stuff off, but I want it ready to go! I'm not sure if it's nesting or just my normal way of thinking that I need to start as soon as I can so I don't put it off till last minute.

..Michelle.. January 30th, 2014 02:44 AM

It's too darn cold to do anything inside or outside lately. Good thing I'm not further along and in this weather....I think I'd go stir crazy!