JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Getting more nervous by the day (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2706041-getting-more-nervous-day.html)

cortln January 31st, 2014 05:37 AM

Getting more nervous by the day

My 20 week ultrasound is 1 week from today and besides the random "muscle spasm" that I cannot say is really the baby or not, I haven't felt any movement really. What I do feel I don't know if it's baby or just gas bubbles etc.

I'm starting to get really freaked, I'm 19 weeks today. I should feel something by now. The Dr never even mentioned having an antieror placenta or anything and even has asked me if I've felt movement, when I say not really they've never said anything about the placenta blocking the movement so I don't think that's what it is.

I don't know, I am just getting so tired of not feeling anything obvious and it's making me sad :(

melissalaw January 31st, 2014 05:54 AM

Re: Getting more nervous by the day

My dr never told me about the anterior placenta. I asked him since I wasn't feeling alot of movement. I'm sure everything is fine in there.

MelChicago January 31st, 2014 06:56 AM

Hang in there cort. My doctor said feeling movement happens as late as 21 weeks. You're right in there. I felt something that I was sure was baby around 18.5/19 weeks- before that it was as you described, not sure if it was gas, spasms, etc.

Boos Moo January 31st, 2014 07:11 AM

Hugs sweetie. I agree, they might not have mentioned to you about the placenta placement (since it's early and birth is a ways away). And you're still in that time frame of feeling baby late. I bet some of the 'feelings' your feeling are baby but early on it's hard to tell until their little legs get stronger.
I hope the next week passes quickly for you. Hugs.

momology January 31st, 2014 08:28 AM

:hug: I hope this week passes quickly for you and you start feeling your little one soon!

Schofield06 January 31st, 2014 08:56 AM

I've seen many ladies complain about not feeling movement till further along than you are now. So try not to stress yourself out too much. Also, your Dr may not have thought it a big enough deal to tell you about the placental placement, if it is anterior. If there's nothing wrong, then they don't always think to tell you what they see.

I hope you start feeling for sure baby movements soon!!

kaylakay January 31st, 2014 08:59 AM

I didn't feel my daughter till I was 20+ weeks... I had an anterior placenta. I felt this man move at 16 BUT my placenta is wrapped around the back this time. I'm sure it's just where placenta is. Relax. :)

cortln January 31st, 2014 09:54 AM

I will try to relax.... I wish it were next friday or that I could have scheduled the appointment for today instead. ugh.

I will definately be asking the Dr. about my placenta at my next OB appointment.

I feel like if baby is ok that something could be wrong because it's so calm!

geogeek January 31st, 2014 10:13 AM

Movement will come. It is hard until then. I hope this week flies for you and that your ultrasound goes great.

lelila January 31st, 2014 11:24 AM

Do you have a doppler? Are you able to check the Heartbeat for peace of mind? If there was something physically wrong, your OB would have alerted you during your 12 wk scan - and not let you go weeks and weeks without knowing.