JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   DH should know better (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2706310-dh-should-know-better.html)

Boos Moo February 2nd, 2014 10:40 AM

DH should know better

So you think DH would know better than to make any comments to me that I might take the wrong way. He came home from work last night and I happened to be awake and he asked how my evening went. I told him that nap yesterday really messed things up (because more often than not I wake up with no energy still and no motivation to do anything) and that I didn't get as much done as I'd like. So he asked what I didn't get done and I told him the kitchen counters and dining table were cluttered (mail, schoolwork, DD's stuff, some dishes) and that I didn't get them cleaned off. He said 'well they're always cluttered', um no they aren't. Sure there is school work on the table more often than not since I lost my school room when DS moved back in, and there are dishes usually in the sink now because DH wants to do them while I'm pregnant, and maybe mail for a day until we go through it. But it sure rubbed me the wrong way. So of course this morning I had to get up and unclutter it all, making a nice pile of his stuff and DD's stuff, putting the baby stuff in her room.
Ok, vent over. Just nod when a hormonal pregnant lady says something and tell her it is all good. :sneak:

lelila February 2nd, 2014 11:21 AM

Re: DH should know better

Oh Boy. I am right with you sister. This morning I got up, fed the dogs, took care of the chickens, did 2 loads of laundry and got to work on clearing out a dresser for baby clothes. All while DH watched TV. He had the NERVE to reprimand me for not telling him I was lifting laundry baskets. REALLY? I walked RIGHT BY YOU 6 times!

Vent Away friend!

geogeek February 2nd, 2014 11:24 AM

Yes, SO's should know better than to say things that seem like "bating". My DH does it all the time and it is super frustrating.

EverydayJoy February 2nd, 2014 02:52 PM

Grrr. Men don't stop and think sometimes about stuff they say. I feel like I might be getting my first PP period (at least, I'm really hoping it's a period and not a pregnancy), and DH stuck his foot in his mouth inadvertently this morning. We made up but it sure is annoying.

Ame C February 3rd, 2014 06:03 AM

Men <_<
I told DH the other day that I needed a baby break to wash my hair, then proceeded to hand Toren to him. He made a comment about how I "wanted this" in a snark tone. It ticked me off a little so I got a bit snappy saying "Yes I want that (meaning Toren) but I also want you to watch him while I wash my hair."

humnck February 3rd, 2014 07:28 AM

Men are so oblivious sometimes! I am so bad at doing stuff in front of him and when I get irritated that he isn't helping, I shoot him "the look" and bang things around until he gets the hint...lol! I am sure they think we are crazy too :)

momology February 3rd, 2014 11:08 AM

I think men say things far too often with out thinking. If my DH tells me I am being too sensitive now one more time. . .

MoonAngel702 February 3rd, 2014 11:30 AM

oh man.... your DH is asking for some trouble! My DH is also guilty of saying the wrong things at the wrong times. Sometimes I am way more sensitive to them than others. Men definitely need to find a filter and think before saying things!!

Boos Moo February 3rd, 2014 01:58 PM

Yeah sometimes they just don't think before they talk. But I'm sometimes guilty of the same, but shhh, don't tell anyone ;)