JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Kody has surgery tomorrow (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2707974-kody-has-surgery-tomorrow.html)

EverydayJoy February 12th, 2014 07:40 PM

Kody has surgery tomorrow

Heya ladies,
I would like to ask for prayers/positive thoughts tomorrow morning at 10am PST, Kody will be getting his undescended testicle fixed at Doernbecher Children's Hospital. I have good feelings about it, and I think it will go well, but still a little nervous for my baby boy. They will do it laparoscopically, so he will just have a little bandaid or two when he's done, which is great that they can do it that way. It will just be a day surgery so we should be home by the afternoon/evening. The urologist said they will send him home with some narcotics so he won't be in pain. I also ordered Arnica gel and Arnica tablets to give him so I hope those help too.

geogeek February 12th, 2014 07:47 PM

Re: Kody has surgery tomorrow

Prayers for you and Kody. Any surgery is so hard to see your baby go through. :dothug:

Boos Moo February 12th, 2014 08:40 PM

We'll be keeping him (and the rest of the family) in our T&Ps. I agree, any surgery is scary for kids, but I'm glad it's an in/out kind of surgery and he'll get to come home so quick. KUP.

Schofield06 February 12th, 2014 09:26 PM

Praying for him! Hope it goes well tomorrow!!

lelila February 13th, 2014 04:59 AM

Thinking of Kody and your family today. Prayers! Let us know how he is today!

MelChicago February 13th, 2014 06:46 AM

Sending good thoughts for Kody, you and your family, and all the docs & nurses caring for him today.

kaylakay February 13th, 2014 08:15 AM

Good luck Kody! Let us know how it goes.

Boos Moo February 13th, 2014 08:50 AM

I know you're getting close to surgery time - sending lots of good vibes.

Ame C February 13th, 2014 09:11 AM

Praying for Kody. KUP!

geogeek February 13th, 2014 03:52 PM

Still saying prayers for you all. I hope everything went well.

EverydayJoy February 13th, 2014 07:26 PM

Hey ladies. I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to update you earlier. I was able to get on Facebook on my DH's phone to post updates, but wasn't sure how to get on JM from there. I don't have a smartphone and his is brand new so he is still learning it too.
Anyway the surgery went great! It took about 3 hours, because they also wanted to check on his kidney at the same time. So they did a cystoscopy first and found that he only has one kidney on each side! I'm so glad to hear that because I had been told all along that from the imaging, it looked like it was double. So now it's normal!
They found the testicle right near where it needed to go so they didn't have far to take it to bring it down into the scrotum. They also found he had inguinal hernias on both sides so they repaired those while they were there. He has an incision in his scrotum for fixing the hernia, and the rest was laparoscopic so just a couple of little incisions on his abdomen.
We're home now, and he had a nice long nap while I took Ethan to the urgent care. He has had this cough that won't quit and it just got to the point where I felt he needed to be seen. They sent him home with antibiotics and an inhaler.

geogeek February 13th, 2014 07:34 PM

I am glad that they were able to look at and fix everything. I hope Ethan gets better soon.

Boos Moo February 13th, 2014 09:13 PM

I'm glad Kody's surgery went well, and oh no about Ethan. I hope you are all able to get some rest and relax from your stressful day.

Schofield06 February 13th, 2014 09:48 PM

Feel better Ethan!
So glad that Kody's surgery went well!

cortln February 14th, 2014 05:54 AM

Sending T&Ps!!

lelila February 14th, 2014 06:12 AM

So Glad everything went well! Hooray for normal kidneys! Feel Better Ethan!

momology February 14th, 2014 06:48 AM

I am so glad everything went well!!!! I hope Ethan feels better soon!

EverydayJoy February 14th, 2014 01:47 PM

A little update for you all. Kody had a bit of a rough night last night. He got out of surgery about 1pm yesterday, and as the day went on I was concerned because his diaper was staying dry. Called the doc on call last night at 10pm because he still hadn't peed. They said we could wait a little longer if he seemed comfortable. Well he started waking up crying a little and then at 1am he didn't want to settle back down and just kept crying, so I took him in. They ended up having to catheterize him again, and said the volume of urine was as much as a full adult bladder! Poor bub! He did really well with the procedure, they shot some lidocaine up there first so he was only a little uncomfortable when they put it in, and then was just awake and content while they drained his bladder. The nurse gave me some bubbles to blow for him to distract him, and that worked very well and he just watched the bubbles fall around him while we waited for all the pee to drain. For babies they use a very small catheter so it took about 20 minutes to empty his bladder as it went drip by drip. He had had his dose of Vicodin just prior to this, so I'm guessing he was having a time of it watching those bubbles! We went back home and caught some more sleep after that, and later today he did go pee on his own, thank God!
In other news, Ethan sounds a lot better today when he coughs. He's acting more like himself too.

geogeek February 14th, 2014 02:00 PM

Oh my goodness! Poor bub! I am glad you are so attentive and took him in again. Marsi was in the hospital 3 days after her surgery so I didn't have to pay attention like that. I am glad Ethan is feeling better too.

MelChicago February 14th, 2014 02:55 PM

What a night! I'm glad the surgery went well, though sorry the aftermath was so difficult. Hopefully it'll be only good news and healing from here on out. Also glad to hear Ethan is feeling better.