JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Fell this morning, really upset (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2708700-fell-morning-really-upset.html)

cortln February 18th, 2014 05:38 AM

Fell this morning, really upset

So I was sick Sunday and Yesterday, still not feeling the greatest today but drug myself out of bed against my better judgment. Got to work and slipped on some ice, fell pretty hard, my knee and left hand caught me. My knee is bleeding, my work pants are torn. I not only feel good but now I feel 100x's worse, I'm crying, my knee is throbbing and I'm so worried about my little one.

The Dr. said since I didn't fall on my butt or belly that everything should be fine but I'm still worried. I feel so sick about it :(

kaylakay February 18th, 2014 05:55 AM

Re: Fell this morning, really upset

I'm sorry you fell. That sounds horrible. :(

But I wouldn't worry about baby. Our doctors won't check on babies either unless it was a belly fall. :) I was walking down the stairs on the other day and completely wiped out on my butt. Baby has been moving perfect. Only worry about if you land directly on your belly. :) Also my 20 month old karate kicks me in the belly sometimes. Haha. Those babies are more protected than you think. :)

momology February 18th, 2014 06:03 AM

Oh my goodness Cort I am so sorry :hug: that is so scary!! I agree with Kayla try not to worry too much about baby they are well protected. I hope your knee feels better soon.

:bighug:

geogeek February 18th, 2014 06:59 AM

I am so sorry. Dorian gets kicked by big sister a lot more than I would like. They are protected. I hope your knee and hand heal quickly.

Schofield06 February 18th, 2014 07:06 AM

:hug: So sorry you're having such a rough day and don't feel well! Baby should be fine though. I know it's hard not to worry anyway, but since you fell on your hands/knees baby only got a bit of a bumpy ride. I hope your day gets better!!

Ame C February 18th, 2014 07:52 AM

Ewww, what a way to start your day... I'm sorry. I agree with the ladies that your baby is protected in there. She probably only floated into a different position and fell back asleep. Get well soon and take care!

MelChicago February 18th, 2014 10:11 AM

Big hugs! I'm sorry- that must have been so scary and painful. I'm sure your baby is just fine!

Sunrise February 18th, 2014 12:57 PM

I fell too a couple of weeks before my due date (maybe I was 34 weeks). Sounds similar to your fall except.. I had no ice- just slipped on myself! I was so nervous! But baby kept moving normally, so that helped soothe my nerves. I'm so sorry. It is VERY scary, especially after loss. Big hugs your way.

Boos Moo February 18th, 2014 07:44 PM

While it was scary, and painful, I agree, babes are protected pretty well. I think at that point I would have gone back home and gone back to bed and started over. I'm sorry you're not feeling well, I hope you feel better soon.

EverydayJoy February 18th, 2014 08:30 PM

I'm so sorry you fell! You must be feeling pretty bad right now.
I know a fall is so scary when you've lost a baby before. We work overtime trying to protect our little ones, because it's scary feeling like you have no control over it. But I agree with the ladies, God knew our little ones would sometimes have their mommies get banged up a little, and He put them in the perfect bubble of water to soften any blows the belly might take. I bet baby only felt a few ripples, maybe he/she did some surfing in there! Try to take it easy, I hope you feel better!

cortln February 19th, 2014 05:34 AM

:) Thanks everyone. I went straight home and laid in bed all day long, literally only got up to make a sandwich and go to the bathroom. I felt baby moving all day yesterday which was a big relief. I seem to only fall when I'm pregnant, I fell with my daughter, I believe I slipped on the steps in my 2nd pregnancy (miscarriage, not because of the fall) and now this. I was only about 6 weeks along with my daughter though so she was just a little bean and I was upset but this time I'm so much further along I just was sooo worried! My back hurts, my neck hurts, my knee hurts my arm hurts and the leg I didn't fall on hurts, guess cause I was trying to hold myself up with it. I could use another day in bed but drug myself out of bed once more. I need to fill out an accident report at work - they really need to do a better job of keeping the lots clean and safe or be sure to put pregnant women in covered spots!

Boos Moo February 19th, 2014 07:45 AM

So glad you got some rest and felt baby moving, very reassuring. I fell when pregnant with my son (we're more clumsy when pregnant) while going down some stairs. Luckily it was the last 2 stairs with a rail at the end and I was carrying a basket of laundry, because the rail prevented me from falling on the ground and my belly ended up cushioned in the laundry.
I hope the soreness goes away. And yes fill out an accident report, they really should keep the lots ice free.

humnck February 19th, 2014 08:22 AM

Ouch! I have fallen while pregnant as well, it is scary. I fell on some steps, right behind my pregnant sister in law, who had done the same exact thing and yet I still did it right behind her. Both of our babies were born healthy and fine.

I hope that the soreness goes away, I am sure that that is amplified by the pregnancy just like everything else.