JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Work.... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2708927-work.html)

kaylakay February 19th, 2014 09:18 AM

Work....

I found out in order for me to qualify for a 12 week LOA leave when this baby is born I have to work 377 more hours before I deliver.

Normally I only work 24 hours a week but that won't cut it. So for the next few weeks I will be picking up hours like crazy just trying to get them in before I get huge. Haha.

I can already tell it's going to be rough but worth it to have 12 weeks off with my baby boy and little girl. Just yesterday I was at work for 15 hours! Usually we do 12 hour shifts but we had 2 stat c sections at shift change and I offered to stay and help cause I need the hours. That may become a habit. ;)

Wish me luck ladies! Also hope he stays in till 38 weeks and I don't have to be put on bed rest. If he can stay in till 38 weeks I will be just fine. :)

geogeek February 19th, 2014 09:41 AM

Re: Work....

Sounds like you have a good plan! 3 months off would be amazing for you and your little family!!

Boos Moo February 19th, 2014 01:03 PM

Cheering you on! I hope it all goes smoothly as planned.

MelChicago February 19th, 2014 01:06 PM

Good luck! I hope you can make it through all the hours sanely and safely :)

momology February 19th, 2014 02:33 PM

That sounds tough but like a very good plan!! Hopefully that goes very well for you :)

MoonAngel702 February 19th, 2014 03:31 PM

Good luck, Kayla!

EverydayJoy February 19th, 2014 04:24 PM

Good luck with that! It's gotta be hard "cramming" like that but, I hope it pays off and you get your 12 weeks!

Ame C February 19th, 2014 04:47 PM

I don't know how you working moms do it. It must be so hard leaving baby to go back to work. I hope you make enough hours and it isn't to bad getting them. Don't over do it mama! xxx

kaylakay February 20th, 2014 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ame C (Post 27964582)
I don't know how you working moms do it. It must be so hard leaving baby to go back to work. I hope you make enough hours and it isn't to bad getting them. Don't over do it mama! xxx

I wish I didn't have to be a working mom. :(

But with your husband in school, just bought a new house and 1 going on 2 kids I have to work.

It's so cliche but "you do what you have to do". Hahaha.

AnnaBonana February 20th, 2014 05:58 PM

Wow, good for you! I hope you're able to get those extra hours without stressing yourself too much!

Good luck and enjoy the time you will have with your babies!