JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   36 week appt today (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2711156-36-week-appt-today.html)

lelila March 5th, 2014 11:16 AM

36 week appt today

I had our 36 week appt today. U/S looked good and Baby boy is right on target, just under 6 lbs. HB was good and I had my Strep B swab done. We are shooting for a VBAC and when baby boy decides to make his debut, that's when he comes out, but the OB doesn't want me going over 40 weeks, so we'll cross that bridge in a few weeks and see what the progress is.

I'm in no hurry to be honest. Sure I'm uncomfortable, but I prefer to let this baby decide on his own. If there are any signs of distress, I'll sign that c-sec paperwork in a heartbeat. I've got a scar already, so I'll use it if I have to. They should have put a zipper there last time, to make it easier for the next baby.

Ame C March 5th, 2014 12:11 PM

Re: 36 week appt today

Sounds good to me, your appointment and the zipper remark ;)
Getting so close!

geogeek March 5th, 2014 12:17 PM

Glad things are going well. I am having a hard time keeping my mind off of 4 weeks from now and how I am going to get there keeping my sanity.

momology March 5th, 2014 01:10 PM

So glad things are going well!!

Boos Moo March 6th, 2014 03:38 AM

So glad your appointment went well. Fingers crossed for your vbac

MoonAngel702 March 6th, 2014 09:36 AM

I'm so glad you had a good appt Leia! You are getting SO close now! :excited:

EverydayJoy March 6th, 2014 03:06 PM

A zipper would be so nice! ;) Hope the last little bit goes fast, so you can hold your little guy in your arms!

AnnaBonana March 6th, 2014 05:41 PM

Eeeek! I hope the last four go really smoothly -- for both of us :)

lelila March 6th, 2014 05:44 PM

I know, wouldn't a zipper be nice? How about a plug with a cord on it, and when you get the green light from the OB, you pull the cord and POP! Out pops the baby.

Yesterday, the OB checked my clam, which is of course like Ft. Knox, locked shut. She did say it was soft though, so it's anyone's guess. Last night I had a glop of yuck come out. I had that happen with DS. I've had no spotting this pregnancy at all, so I was surprised my cervix bled at all. But I didn't think much of it.

This afternoon, I had another bit of yuck, more red than brown, come out. Huh, I said. Not what I was expecting, but I guess my cervix was irritated more than I thought.

EverydayJoy March 6th, 2014 07:16 PM

Hmm, mucous plug maybe? I've heard you can lose part of it but not all of it, and that it can happen after an exam. At least, I'm pretty sure one of the ladies in my DDC had that happen after an exam. I know I lost a bit of plug at one point only to have it be another 2 weeks (I think?) until I delivered.

lelila March 7th, 2014 08:38 AM

DH said the same thing about the mucus plug, but I'm kind of thinking it wasn't. Probably just an irritated cervix since it's softening. I don't know, I've never had any bleeding at all, of any kind, not from exams, sex, etc this entire pregnancy and I'm grateful for that.You know how in the beginning of a pregnancy you see spotting, even old dried blood you feel that cold, sweat and you feel that panic wash over you and you start to think all the bad things that it could mean? Well, that didn't happen. I saw it and I thought immediately that it was from the exam. Odd for me since I worry about everything.

Schofield06 March 7th, 2014 04:54 PM

Glad you didn't worry. hope the next few weeks go quickly for you!