JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   L&D again (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2711519-l-and-d-again.html)

Boos Moo March 7th, 2014 02:47 PM

L&D again

Also posted in DDC.

Sigh. So this might get long. It's been an emotional draining week and sleep, which was already hard, has been harder. Went to bed last night around 10, woke up at 2:30, laid in bed for awhile, still couldn't sleep. Played a game on my tablet for awhile, still couldn't get back to sleep. Finally at 3:30 I decided to try a warm bath (usually helps make me tired), still wasn't ready for sleep. Got up and had a bowl of cereal and decided I might as well write up the obituary for my brother for the mortuary. Finally after that at 5:30 I felt tired enough to go lay back down and probably by 6 am I was back to sleep. Well the alarm went off at 7:30 because I needed to leave at 8 for my NST at 8:30. This time I brought a little OJ with me to make sure baby was going to be awake, and a little snack as well. But I didn't take my medicines before I went because I have to take them with food and I wasn't eating yet, and really have to watch with the insulin. So I get in and baby is moving alright, the nurse even came in and said wow she's being noisy and moving a lot (when baby bumps or kicks the monitor it sounds like someone scratching a record). So I thought, ok everything is going to go much better this morning, I'll be out of here in 30 mins. Nope. She did finish the test quicker today, including the u/s. She did have to buzz the baby 1 time today because she felt she was getting sleepy. I go to give my urine sample and when I come out the nurse asks me to wait in the waiting room while she talks to the doctor. I said ok, and went into the waiting room and told the one guy waiting in there 'it's never good when they send you back to the waiting room'. So after 20 minutes of waiting for the doctor to get done with her patient the nurse comes back and tells me that the doctor wants to send me over to L&D to be ruled out PreE. Then she asked me if I knew where L&D was and if I'd had to be seen there before for this. I sort of laughed and said yes, this will be like the 4th time I think (I've lost count). So off for lab work and up to L&D to get checked out. BP was doing ok, a little high, but not enough to admit me and my labs came back fine. So after an hour and a half they released me again. I feel like I'm getting to know that place to well.

MelChicago March 7th, 2014 02:52 PM

Re: L&D again

Oh man, Therese, you are going through the ringer. I'm glad baby is okay, and no preE. But jeez. I hope you can get a break. I know you have a long weekend ahead with your brother's service tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you.

Boos Moo March 7th, 2014 02:59 PM

Thanks Mel. Actually his service is next Saturday (my older brother and I wanted him to be buried first and give family time to get here if they wanted/could). Tonight my long time friend (I call her sister because her mom has known me since I was born and I've known my 'sister' since she was born) and her mom are coming in for a week and tomorrow my older brother is coming to visit with us all. My little brother is being buried on Thursday, but there will not be a graveside service so we'll wait til closer to decide if we're going to watch or not (because that's all it would be and we don't even know a time yet). But that way he'll be buried and the temporary marker should be on the grave by next Saturday for those who want to go pay respects after the memorial. I definately feel like I've been through the ringer these past couple of months, but especially this week.

Schofield06 March 7th, 2014 05:07 PM

Sorry you're going through so much right now. :hug: glad you're getting things settled for your brother. I can't imagine how hard it's been for you. I'm glad things are still looking well with baby though.

Ame C March 7th, 2014 05:55 PM

You're so strong... I would be have breakdowns on an hourly basis. I'm sorry you had to go through that mess again, on top of everything else that is going on :(

lelila March 7th, 2014 07:43 PM

Wow Therese, you poor woman. I hope the rest of the pregnancy is problem free. Try and rest my friend.

AnnaBonana March 7th, 2014 08:12 PM

I'm so sorry that you are dealing with all this, Therese. I hope things can settle down so you can grieve and try to get prepared with your last weeks.((Hugs))

EverydayJoy March 7th, 2014 08:21 PM

Wow I'm sorry. You must be so frustrated with this last leg of pregnancy, on top of losing your brother and having to arrange all the memorial stuff. Hugs!

geogeek March 7th, 2014 08:54 PM

(((Hugs))) I wish life would settle down a bit for you. I hope everything hoes well the next few weeks.

Boos Moo March 8th, 2014 03:06 AM

Thanks everyone. Ame, I think if I had the energy I probably would have broken down more than I have. Luckily I have an amazing DH and he keeps me strong. And now that my 'sister' is here I think it will make this week easier.

melissalaw March 9th, 2014 05:57 PM

i'm glad that everything was ok. Hopefully you don't have to go back to L & D until it's time to deliver.

Boos Moo March 11th, 2014 01:04 PM

Well as it turned out I did end up back there yesterday after my NST again. But, at least this time it wasn't for my BP (which was looking good). This time they sent me because I was having contractions about every 10 minutes and baby was still not as active as they'd like so they sent me to be ruled out for preterm labor. So off we went again. Hooked up to the monitors and after about an hour the doctor came in to do an exam. After examining me and there was no sign of getting ready for labor and they were happy with baby's movements they released us after an hour 1/2 or 2 hours. So I told DH we'll just figure after each appointment they'll send us there, and we joked they should just send us there to start with.

EverydayJoy March 11th, 2014 07:09 PM

Sheesh, what a lot of bother for you! Maybe you should just take the machines home with you! :P

humnck March 12th, 2014 09:49 AM

Sheesh! I am so sorry that you are dealing with all of this. I am glad that everything has turned out fine when you go to L&D, you should ask them to just keep the bed warm for you :)

Boos Moo March 13th, 2014 06:11 PM

Yeah DH and I joked that we should just start out there ;) But since we didn't get sent on Wed. I'm pretty optimistic we won't need to go tomorrow either (fx).