JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Finally able to post again! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2711784-finally-able-to-post-again.html)

cortln March 10th, 2014 05:48 AM

Finally able to post again!

Not sure what was going on but my computer at work wouldn't let me post anything. I could see the main board but when i'd try to open someone's post my screen would just turn blue lol

I got on my phone a couple times and tried to read through some posts but I hate trying to do anything on my phone, it's such a pain.

Anyways, I have a question. My back has been hurting pretty bad, the chiropractor seemed to just make it worse. I went yesterday to CVS and got a lumbar support thingy for my chair at work, it has a vibrator in it lol it feels pretty good BUT baby starts kicking like crazy lol Are the vibrations bad for the baby????

MelChicago March 10th, 2014 09:58 AM

Re: Finally able to post again!

Glad you are back! (not that you were really gone, but still :)I think the massager is pretty benign- as long as you're not inserting anything or getting overheated, right? Maybe pilates or some other kind of PT exercises would help your back/core muscles, and help relieve the pain.

humnck March 10th, 2014 10:17 AM

Welcome back :) I don't think the vibration is bad for baby, they are well protected by fluid, so there isn't any risk of them being shaken. I am not sure if I had suggested this before, and it isn't necessarily something you can do at work, unless you have an office where you can close the door (or if you don't care that people might stare...lol). Have you tried getting on all 4's and kind of ricking/swaying back and forth? That really helped me when I was pg with DD2, my back hurt all of the time, it took pressure off of my spine for a bit and helped baby move into different positions that would give me relief.

Ame C March 10th, 2014 11:19 AM

Rocking back and forth on all 4's does help a little. I don't think you have to worry about the vibrations affecting baby girl in any way, BUT you can always call your dr and see what they say. The lumbar support thing sounds like it would feel really good.

AnnaBonana March 10th, 2014 08:22 PM

So glad to see you back! :)

Boos Moo March 11th, 2014 01:04 AM

Glad you're able to post again. If you're worried about it, double check with your doctor. But I bet baby kicks so much because it just startles her. When I get my NST done they sometimes have to use a little buzzer to startle her and then she kicks/jumps for a bit.