JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   UGH! DH wants to TTC! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2716347-ugh-dh-wants-to-ttc.html)

lelila April 14th, 2014 08:23 AM

UGH! DH wants to TTC!

I had my OB appt last week and DH asked when we can try for another one. I just about slugged him there in the exam room. My OB looked at me and raised her eyebrows. I told her, "No Friggin' Way."

She said we need to wait at least a year, at my age, to allow my uterus to heal from such a serious surgery.

That means I'll be 42 yrs old at the very youngest when the next baby is born. I don't think so. I told DH to go buy a baby doll. Am I being to closed minded?

melissalaw April 14th, 2014 09:56 AM

Re: UGH! DH wants to TTC!

I can't believe that he would want to try so soon. No way would I be ready to try so soon after giving birth and I don't blame you for not wanting to. I'm 40 and I don't think I would want to go through it all again so I don't think you are being close minded. You might just tell him that you guys can talk about it in 9 months and just give your body time to heal.

humnck April 14th, 2014 11:25 AM

I would have slugged him...lol! Is he nuts?! I would just tell him that you can revisit the idea after the time frame is up. Tell him to get a puppy or a kitten...lmao!

Boos Moo April 14th, 2014 01:44 PM

No you're not being closed minded at all. Not only is your age a factor with body recovery, but I remember how much grief he gave you about things this time around. Plus I think he might want to live with the newborn he already has for a bit before thinking of trying again ;) I couldn't even dream about having another one so quickly (not that we would I'm way to old and DH is getting the big V).

EverydayJoy April 14th, 2014 03:44 PM

Wow no way! Is he nuts??? Tell him if he wants another one, HE can carry it this time! :P

Schofield06 April 14th, 2014 05:02 PM

What a way to find out he's thinking about TTC! Crazy! I would definitely be telling him to give it some time!

Ame C April 14th, 2014 08:39 PM

HA! No thank you... my body is tore up from the floor up! I think you have every right to close your mind, legs.. whatever else ;)

Sunrise April 14th, 2014 08:43 PM

My DH was asking the same thing at that time. It'll pass as the sleep depravation escalates. You are just fine with your brand new newborn!

lelila April 15th, 2014 07:47 AM

Hahaha! Thanks ladies! You are all so funny! We always wanted a bunch of kids but we both got sick and never had the chance to pop them out the past ten years. I guess now that we are both well, he wants to make up for lost time. Personally I'm feeling my age right now and kind of don't want kids in high school when I'm supposed to be retired.