JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Gas from Bottles (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2717631-gas-bottles.html)

melissalaw April 23rd, 2014 10:26 AM

Gas from Bottles

anybody's else have a little one who gets gas from bottles? I bought Christian some tommee tippee bottles that have the big nipples like boobs and daycare just called and he took the bottle fine but now he has a tummy ache and is crying and won't stop. they think he got gas from the bottle which I'm sure is the problem. he never gets gas when he nurses so I'm sure that he just got some air from the bottle that gave him gas.

Now to try to find another bottle that doesn't give him gas.

Ame C April 23rd, 2014 12:04 PM

Re: Gas from Bottles

I hear Dr Browns are good for gassy babies. I have also heard great things about the Medela Calma bottles if you don't mind spending a little more money. Calmaź | Medela

humnck April 23rd, 2014 12:40 PM

I have heard the same about Dr. Brown's but also heard they are a pain to clean. I used the Playtex Ventaire bottles that are supposed to reduce colic/gas pains. They just had one extra piece and it was dishwasher safe, so that made more sense for me.

lelila April 23rd, 2014 03:02 PM

I just bought a few different brands of bottles, including the Tippee brand but I got the nurser transition bottle to reduce colic and gas. It has a air thingy in it. I haven't even opened it yet. Should I even bother?

I bought a Medela bottle and nipple and tried it today and DS2 like it very much. He didn't spit it out and he didn't dribble or cry. I have an Avent bottle/nipple set up that I'll try tomorrow.

Boos Moo April 23rd, 2014 09:33 PM

Melissa is it breastmilk they are giving him or formula? On the bottle/gas thing, I have no idea. But now I think I need to research bottle types for gassiness, didn't even think about the type of bottle....ugh.

lelila April 24th, 2014 06:45 AM

I tried the Tippee bottle last night with Breastmilk and with Formula and DS2 HATED it. He spit it out repeatedly and cried, dribbling all over the place. I poured the contents into a Medela bottle and he sucked it down.

melissalaw April 24th, 2014 08:01 AM

Therese they were giving him breastmilk. I am just guessing that it was the bottle that gave him such bad gas. Later in the day yesterday they gave him the playtex nurser which is suppose to be better at preventing gas and he eventually took it and she said that he didn't seem to get any gas from it. So I guess I just wasted my money on the tomee tippee. He loved the bottle but the gas from it was just terrible.

EverydayJoy April 24th, 2014 10:16 AM

Aw poor guy! I'm glad you at least solved the problem. Hopefully they are also burping him really well afterwards. I've heard burping every 2 oz or so can help with gas.

Boos Moo April 26th, 2014 04:11 PM

I hope he's still doing well.

melissalaw April 28th, 2014 12:08 PM

Therese he's with me today but on Friday he did ok with the playtex nursers. He still puts up a fight and doesn't want to take it but I think once he figures out that milk comes out of the bottle he does ok. He still definitely prefers the real thing.

Joy they are burping him, that's one thing I made sure to ask them Guess his little tummy just got upset with the bottle since he wasn't used to it.